Barnegat Police Department - Barnegat, New Jersey
Nov 23, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 3, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $~$60,000 annual
- Top Pay:
- $$140,000 annual
IMPORTANT TESTING DATES
The Physical Agility testing will be held January 8th, 2022 at 9:00am.
The Written Exam will be held on January 19th, 2022 (time to be determined but the tests are typically held after 5pm).
Oral Interviews will be scheduled the week of February 7th, 2022
There will be no make up exams! It is you responsibility to clear your schedule and be available to participate. There are no refunds for the submission fees under any circumstances.
Please see the below link for full job description
Starting salary: ~$60,000 ($51,271 prior to academy graduation)
6 –Step Top Salary: ~$140,000 (assuming 2% annual raises)
Stipends for Additional Training
ABOUT BARNEGAT POLICE DEPARTMENT
- The Barnegat Police Department enjoys outstanding community support, as well as strong support from the Township's governing body.
- Barnegat Population: approx 25,000
- Potential to hire as many as 5 officers during life of the eligibility list (5 officers hired off of the 2020 list; 8 officers hired off of the 2018 list)
- Barnegat PD answers nearly 20,000 calls for service annually
- Officers work a 4-on, 4-off schedule with steady shifts
- Barnegat PD is the first and only CALEA internationally accredited police department in Ocean County.
- Our officers have access to the latest equipment and technology and are provided a minimum of 120 hours of annual training.
Applicants must apply through PoliceApp via the link
- Age: 18-35
- Education: High School
- Experience: Not Required
Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey (at time of appointment) and meet all qualifications as stipulated herein and in New Jersey State Statutes.
Sworn employees must maintain residency in the State of New Jersey during their employment with the agency.
Applicants must have 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
Applicants must be appointed on or before their 35th birthday. There are exceptions to the age requirement for former military personnel who served in an area of conflict as well as certain former law enforcement officers. If you believe that these exceptions apply to you please contact Captain Jason Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application.
In order to meet the eligibility requirements, candidates must have either (1) a bachelor's degree signifying completion of the undergraduate curriculum and graduation from an accredited college or university, or (2) have completed four or more years of active military service with an honorable discharge, or (3) have four years of satisfactory full-time employment (does not need to be in law enforcement), or (4) a current New Jersey SLEO Class II certification or BCPO certification.
Captain Jason Carroll