South Carolina Highway Patrolman
South Carolina Highway Patrol - Blythewood, South Carolina
Nov 5, 2014
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 1, 2025
- Entry Level:
- $38,273 annual
The mission of the South Carolina Highway Patrol is to provide equitable service and protection, uphold the laws of the constitutions of the United States and the State of South Carolina in order to promote a safe and secure environment for the public.
The personnel of the South Carolina State Highway Patrol recognize that to achieve our mission, policies and programs must be developed that allow us to:
- Serve the public in a dedicated, honest, reasonable, and professional manner.
- Assist, direct, educate, and counsel the public in matters consistent with our mission.
- Reduce the number and severity of traffic collisions through the diligent enforcement of all traffic laws and promotion of traffic safety.
- Cooperate and communicate with other law enforcement agencies in our common objectives.
- Respond to emergencies and disasters with all available resources.
- Be accountable and manage all allocated resources effectively and efficiently.
- Age: : 21 years of age
- Education: : High school Diploma or GED
- Experience: : No experience required
- At least 21 years of age before day one of Basic Training.
- You must have a valid South Carolina Driver's License or a valid Driver's License from your current State.
- US Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 20/20 vision OR no more than 20/100 corrected to 20/20.
- NO CRIMINAL RECORD.
- Driving Record should be clear of any suspension for the last 5 years as a result of alcoholic beverage or dangerous drug violation, or leaving the scene of an accident. The overall driving record will be evaluated placing emphasis on the severity, date and age, time span, and number of violations accumulated.
- Must be able to perform all of the essential and marginal job functions of a SCDPS Law Enforcement Officer.