Police Officer Commissioned (lateral)
Montana State University Police Department (MT) - Bozeman, Montana
May 9, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $32.811101 hourly
- Lateral Transfer:
- $Depends upon number of years' sworn service annual
- Top Pay:
- $36.880988 hourly
The mission of the University Police Department (UPD) is to provide the students, employees and visitors at Montana State University-Bozeman with a safe and secure environment for living and learning. It is the responsibility of every UPD member to consistently seek and find ways to affirmatively promote preserve and deliver security, safety and quality services to members of our community.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Meet peace officer education and certification standards asset forth by the
Montana Code Annotated 7-32-303
- Meet Montana Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)certification requirements through one of the following:
· Possess a current Montana POST certification for sworn law enforcement officer.
· Possess a current out-of-state equivalent certification and the ability to obtain Montana POST certification within one year.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge& Skills
Knowledge and experience with the use of firearms.
Experience participating in community service programs and/or events.
- Age: be at least 18 years of age
- Education: High school graduate or have been issued a high school equivalency diploma
- Experience: Sworn Law Enforcement Officer experience
** APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT MATERIALS ONLINE**
To apply visit: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/34923