Silver Dollar City - Safety & Security Officer III (Full Time Seasonal)
Emergency Response Team Member
Silver Dollar City - Branson, Missouri
May 23, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Jun 30, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $N/A hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $N/A hourly
- Lateral Transfer:
- $N/A hourly
- Top Pay:
- $N/A hourly
This is a Full Time Seasonal Position
Starts Now and Ends 12/30/2023
Summary: As a Safety and Security Officer for Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO you will have the chance to interact with thousands of guests each day, ensuring their safety as they enjoy the 1880s themed rides and attractions. You may also assist in maintaining the safety of cash handling facilities, inspect buildings/structures, and provide EMS assistance as needed. These are just a few of the important duties that our Officers perform to create a safe and secure environment for guests and employees.
- Full Time Employees qualify for Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- Access to a low-cost health clinic, which features a full-service doctor’s office
- Free admission to Herschend Family Entertainment theme parks and water parks
- Complimentary Silver Dollar City Attractions tickets to share with your favorite people
- Free or reduced admission to many local shows and attractions, plus other local discounts
- Discounts on food, merchandise and lodging at Herschend Family Entertainment properties
*Qualifications: * To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate response to operating needs of our customers
- Identify and initiate immediate corrective actions to deviations in safety and security compliance
- Provide support to ensure safe operation of cash handling facilities
- Take ownership of all sector related incidents by responding immediately to take corrective actions
- Audit/inspect buildings and structures for fire hazards and other loss producing conditions
- Audit/inspect/maintain all Park fire protection equipment and systems
- Provide EMS assistance as needed
- Conduct business in a professional manner consistent with our culture, beliefs, and values
- Provide and participate in technical skill development
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication
- Develop and maintain positive inter-divisional working relationships
- Provide the appropriate response in the event the property is faced with an active shooter incident
- Develop and maintain firearms response protocols
- Audit and schedule firearms care and training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Knowledge and understanding of State and Federal regulations
- Proficiency in fire prevention
- Proficiency in security procedures
- Proficiency in accident prevention
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in exercising sound independent judgment
- Proficiency in use of safety/security equipment to include radios, cell phones and computers.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new techniques
- Firearms safety and handling procedures.
- Maintain a level of fitness that would allow for a rapid response to an act of aggression on the property.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disabled/ Veterans
- State certified EMS 1st responder preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class E Missouri drivers license or resident state equivalent
- Must pass a background check.
- State POST certified or related certification.
- Armed shooter firearms training and qualification.
- Law Enforcement tactical training.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Age: Must be at least 18 years of age
- Education: High School/Equivalent
- Experience: 2+ to 5 Years