Community Services Officer
Non-Sworn Law Enforcement Personnel
Casper Police Department - WY - Casper, Wyoming
Jan 13, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $43929.60 annual
Job TitleCommunity Services OfficerClosing Date/TimeSun. 01/31/21 11:59 PM Mountain TimeSalary$21.12 - $25.68 Hourly $3,660.80 - $4,451.20 Monthly $43,929.60 - $53,414.40 Annually Job TypeFull-TimeLocationCasper Police Department - Casper, WyomingDepartmentCasper Police DepartmentClass Summary Benefits Supplemental Questions ++Assigned to: Casper Police Department++
Typically, all positions will begin being paid at the beginning of pay range listed above. Incumbents are responsible for enforcing parking regulations and providing administrative or clerical assistance. Responsibilities may include documenting reports from citizens; checking vehicle identification numbers; tagging and towing abandoned vehicles; and serving subpoenas. Receives general supervision from higher level supervisory and management staff. This position is driving essential (see driving requirements below).
Typical Class Essential Duties:1. Provides customer service to callers and/or walk-in customers.
2. Performs specialized activities in an assigned area of responsibility including enforcing parking ordinances, tagging and towing abandoned vehicles, serving witness subpoenas, taking fingerprints and scheduling maintenance on police vehicles.
3. Documents reports from citizens regarding incidents; collects and verifies information.
4. Maintains records of activities, compiles data, and prepares reports.
5. Reports hazardous vehicles, expired registrations, and needed street and sign repairs; reports traffic accidents and other occurrences to Department staff.
6. Represents the City of Casper by responding to the public, citizens, its employees, and others in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner while continuously maintaining a positive customer service demeanor.
7. Follows all City safety procedures. Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to supervisor.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. ++Knowledge++ (position requirements at entry): Knowledge of:
- Customer service principles.
- Recordkeeping principles.
- Computers and related software applications.
- Modern office equipment and practices.
++Abilities++ (position requirements at entry): Ability to:
- Learn geography and trends of assigned enforcement area.
- Enforce parking and traffic regulations in a firm but tactful manner.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Perform general clerical tasks.
- Learn, interpret, and apply Federal, State, City, and department laws, policies, and procedures.
- Operate a variety of modern office equipment and tools.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and direction.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
++Skills++ (position requirements at entry): Skill in:
- Providing customer services.
- Preparing and maintaining records, reports, logs, and files.
- Making appropriate judgments based on available information.
- Operating in a courteous, knowledgeable and tactful manner with customers, staff and the general public.
- Oral and written communication, sufficient to exchange or convey effective information and to receive work direction.
- Operating modern office equipment, software and operating systems/applications.
Training, Experience & Certifications:++Training and Experience++
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of 6 months experience performing clerical or law enforcement work.
++Licensing and Certification Requirements++ Licensing Requirements:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Wyoming Driver's License.
To apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/casperwy
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience: 6 months