Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office - Charlotte, North Carolina
Nov 12, 2019
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $19.52 hourly - $40,601 annual
- Top Pay:
- $22.45 hourly - $46,696 annual
Detention Officers Candidates are responsible for the direct supervision of inmate population. Specific duties to include monitoring visitations, maintaining computerized log entries, transporting inmates and preparing reports as necessary.
Up to 15% on top of base rate for:
Prior Law Enforcement Experience
Additional 5% increase at completion of 10-week training
Selected candidates must be of good moral character and must have no serious criminal history, which would prevent the applicant from being able to obtain certification, as a Detention Officer from the North Carolina Sheriff’s Education and Training Commission, as well as meet the standards of Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office. Employment is contingent on the successful completion of the mandated 10-week training to include classroom instructions and daily physical activities (running, push-ups, sit-ups, heavy lifting, etc…).
- Age: Must be 21 years of age prior to hire date
- Education: Candidate must have a High School Diploma, or G.E.D. equivalence.
- Experience: None required.
• Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving history.
• Candidate must be able to pass a drug screening and complete medical examination by a licensed physician, including psychological testing and evaluation.
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
• Candidate must be able to pass our agency physical fitness and comprehension test.
• Candidate must a clean criminal record to include no felony convictions.
• Candidate must not have had a DWI conviction within the past five years.
• Candidate must have Honorable Military Discharge.
Recruiting Sergeant V. Ross