Federal Bureau of Investigation - Chicago, Illinois
Dec 8, 2016
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $58947 annual
From confronting the evolving threats facing our nation, to acting as a role model in the communities you serve, discover how becoming a Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) offers a career like no other. In an organization made up of careers like no other, being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences: interviewing a subject for an ongoing investigation in the morning, testifying in court before lunch, planning an operation with Intelligence Analysts and partners in the afternoon and speaking at a community event in the evening.
The Special Agent position needs people with unique skills, lives, and backgrounds. The one thing every Special Agent shares is belief in the mission of the FBI. They have the drive to help keep our nation safe, become part of something bigger than themselves, and take pride in making a difference in the communities they serve.
All new FBI Special Agents will earn salaries at the GL-10 [Special Base Rate for LEOs] pay grade. Applicants with no prior government service will earn a salary at the GL-10, step 1 pay level, but have the opportunity to promote to the GS-15 level. Applicants with prior government service (including FBI professional staff) may be eligible to receive higher steps that are commensurate with their highest previous pay.
- Age: 23-36
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience: 2-3 yrs. professional work experience
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 23 to 36 years old. Age waivers are available for preference-eligible veterans.
- Meet the Special Agent physical fitness standards.
- Possess a minimum of a U.S.-accredited bachelor's degree.
- Have at least three years of full-time work experience.
- Certain specified experiences or abilities may waive some (but not all) of the work experience requirement:
- A Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- A license as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- An advanced degree (Ex. Master or Doctoral degrees)
- Meet U.S. residency requirements.
- Have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Be completely available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction nationwide.
Please visit www.fbijobs.gov for additional information and to apply online.
Special Agent Johnson