DETENTION DEPUTIES - HIRING BONUSES - COEUR D ALENE, IDAHO
Kootenai County Sheriffs Department - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Jul 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 12, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $20.42 hourly
SUMMARY: Detention Deputy – No degree required; paid certification training, quality on the job training, and on-going career training; special teams; strong team atmosphere; and advancement opportunities.
NOW OFFERING LATERAL AND RELOCATION HIRING BONUSES!
NOW SOME INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
We are hiring multiple full-time entry level and lateral DETENTION DEPUTIES for our Kootenai County Jail in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Detention Deputies provide the safety and security required to operate this facility.
· $20.42 - $27.27 per hour (includes the .50 shift differential)
· Extensive paid training, including the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST).
· Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 12.28% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
· Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (2020 nicotine free rate). Comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to view the full job description https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kcgov/classspecs/1059857?keywords=detention&pagetype=classSpecifications
Connect with the Sheriff’s Office recruiting team at KCSOrecruit@kcgov.us any time before or after your initial testing.
The application process is now open with testing dates pending. Once the Governor's Stay Home Order is lifted and when deemed safe by Public Health Officials, we will schedule testing.
FOR COMPLETE HIRING BONUS DETAILS PLEASE GO TO: https://www.kcgov.us/368/Hiring-Process
TO APPLY: All applicants must submit an application online and then successfully pass a written exam and physical agility test. A pre-employment drug test is required for all positions. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Polygraph Examination, Medical Evaluation and a Psychological Evaluation.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 2 years
DO YOU QUALIFY?
· Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED? No college degree required.
· Do you have at least 24 months of work experience?
· Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable?
· Are you at least 18 years old?
· Click here check out the complete list of qualifiers
WE WELCOME LATERAL DEPUTIES AND CORRECTIONS OFFICERS:
In order to qualify as a Lateral Detention Deputy for the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office, the following minimum requirements must be met:
· Must meet all of the minimum requirements as an entry level applicant and;
· Must have successfully completed a POST certified Basic Detention, Corrections or comparable Federal Academy and;
· Must have a minimum of twenty-four (24) months experience in a detention/corrections facility as a detention deputy/corrections officer.