JUVENILE DETENTION DEPUTIES - COEUR D ALENE, IDAHO
Juvenile Corrections Staff
Kootenai County Sheriffs Department - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Jul 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $18.13 hourly
Juvenile Detention Specialist - Dedicated to our youth!
***APPLY ONLINE https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities AND ATTACH COVER LETTER & RESUME***
THIS POSITION Is responsible for providing direct supervision, direction and guidance of delinquent youth in a secure facility; security and safety of the residents and staff as well as meeting the needs of the individual and of the group through counseling, training, education. NOTE: ++This position is required to work non-traditional, flexible work schedules, including weekends and holidays and variable shifts, including nights. ++Final candidates will complete skills testing. Applicants must interview in person at the Juvenile Detention Center in Coeur d Alene.
· $17.63 + $.50 per hour shift differential
· Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
· Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (2020 nicotine free rate). View our entire benefits package.
· This position is required to work non-traditional, flexible work schedules, including weekends and holidays and variable shifts including nights.
APPLY ONLINE at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities. In order to be considered attach cover letter, resume and ALL WORK HISTORY for the last 10 years minimum to the online application. Must successfully pass skills assessment and the County’s pre-employment and subsequent drug testing, the facility’s pre-employment written and psychological examination, and meet entrance requirements for P.O.S.T. Must be available to interview in person at the Juvenile Detention Center in Coeur d Alene.
EOE / Vets Preference / Drug Free Workplace
- Age: 21
- Education: Associates
- Experience: 2 years
DO YOU QUALIFY?
· Are you able to attend an interview in person at the Juvenile Detention Center?
· Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree in Sociology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Counseling or Psychology or a closely related field with related experience and/or training?
· Do you possess or have the ability to possess P.O. S. T. certification, CPR and First Aid Certification, Unlicensed Assistive Personnel certification and Aikido Control Technique certification?
· Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable?
· Are you able to pass skills assessments for: Writing/Essay/Skills/Spelling/Grammar/Math/Word/Excel/Outlook?