Access Control Officer Security
El Paso County Sheriff's Office (CO) - Colorado.Springs, Colorado
Feb 23, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 7, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$33,425.60 annual
Assists in the preservation of public safety by monitoring and controlling access to El Paso County and/or City of Colorado Springs' facilities. Provides general support for the County Security Section of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office (EPSO) through camera and alarm monitoring and dispatch duties.
- Ensures cameras and panic buttons are properly functioning, monitors closed circuit television and audible alarm systems, and performs general dispatcher duties.
- Answers telephone and responds to inquiries, takes messages, and forwards phone calls as appropriate. Provides information to visitors, such as the location of County and/or City departments and facilities, street directions and other general information.
- Writes accurate, detailed reports. Logs security information, including calls for service, number of hand searches performed, and other required information; maintains accurate reports, logs, and related documents.
- Provides identification keycards to EPSO employees to include entering new employees/contractors into database, taking photographs, and activating and deactivating keycard access.
- Responsible for key control to include inventory and coordinating with employees and the Facilities & Strategic Infrastructure Management department.
- Schedules staffing for special events and coordinates billing.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies.
- Submits and tracks facilities maintenance orders.
- Prepares and forwards billing for contract security as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including copier, calculator, printer, computer, fax, and multi-line telephone.
- Must be able to act quickly and decisively in stressful situations.
- Ability to see and interpret color differences within images displayed on a computer monitor required; ability to accurately determine suspicious objects.
- Knowledge of common radio communication procedures and use of two-way radios preferred.
- Ability to maintain positive interaction with fellow employees, public safety personnel, and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and possess a high level of attention to detail; ability to write accurate and detailed reports, records, and other documents.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass background investigation, truth verification examination, motor vehicle record check, drug screen, and physical examination.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Work is primarily performed in a seated position, while monitoring closed circuit television systems and audible alarm systems. Must be able to safely lift and carry up to forty (40) lbs. May require working overtime, weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts on short notice. Subject to call out at any time.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: ++http://www.elpasoco.com++ For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please visit our website to submit an application:
- Age: 18
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Experience: N/A