Dunn County Sheriff's Department - Manning, North Dakota
Sep 14, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 29, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $24.52 hourly
- Lateral Transfer:
- $30.65 hourly
Dunn County Government
The mission of Dunn County government is to deliver services in a fiscally responsible way that will enhance the health, safety, and quality of life of our residents.
Dunn County Core Values
- Services: We will provide quality service to all Dunn County residents.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We will respectfully and responsibly manage the peoples money.
- Integrity: We will act with integrity in our work and dealings with the public.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our words and actions.
Dunn County is looking for the right candidate to join our Sheriffs Office as Patrol Deputy. The right candidate will possess a service mindset and uphold our core values.
- Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices, procedures, tools, techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and the court system.
- Must be able to be a Creditable Officer to testify in Court
- Knowledge of criminal investigatory practices and methods.
- Knowledge of arrest, rules of evidence and court procedures
- Knowledge of the road and highway systems, topography, political boundaries and population patterns of the County.
- Ability to read, understand and apply regulations, codes, policies, procedures and other operational guidelines and directives.
- Ability to show proper knowledge of firearms how to use them and to be certified in the use of firearms.
- Operate a motorized vehicle efficiently and have a good driving record.
- Ability to prepare various written reports and records.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County staff, public officials, attorneys and the general public.
- Ability to cope with a variety of crisis and non-crisis situations firmly, tactfully and with respect for the rights of citizens.
- Ability to be certified to perform emergency first aid, CPR, rescue and recovery.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and various software applications.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- North Dakota POST Board certification or post certifiable.
- 1 year of Law Enforcement Experience required.
- Performs required law enforcement services in compliance with laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures on behalf of the County Sheriffs Office.
- Patrols roads; performs traffic control; furnishes road and weather conditions.
- Responds to calls and complaints regarding suspected criminal activity; apprehends and/or seeks the prosecution of offenders of local, state and federal statutes.
- Works with the court system, attorneys and other law enforcement personnel; contacts various agencies to obtain and verify information.
- Investigates traffic accidents; writes accident reports; enforce traffic violations/laws.
- Conducts thorough investigations of both criminal and civil acts, and missing people to the best of their ability
- Prepare reports on crimes, arrests or incidents; works with prosecuting attorneys; testifies in formal court proceedings.
- Prepares various records and data for court processing.
- Copies criminal judgments for arresting agencies.
- Performs special assignments as necessary.
- Serves civil papers.
- Performs Court Room security; transports prisoners as needed.
- Provides information to the public regarding various topics.
- Performs related work and any other duties as required by the Sheriff.
***NOW HIRING FOR DEPUTY SHERIFF - RECRUIT***
DCSO is currently looking for a strong community-oriented individual for the position of DEPUTY SHERIFF - RECRUIT!
If you want a career where everyday is different, enjoy interacting with the general public, and have a strong desire to serve your community, then apply today!
No prior Law Enforcement experience? No problem! We will send you to the academy and even pay you while you're there!
Benefits include: • 2021 starting hourly is $24.52 - $30.65 *increase starting January 2022*
• County covers 100% of medical insurance coverage for self AND family. Plus dental, vision, Flex, Life Insurance etc. optional coverage paid by employee • County covers 100% retirement contributions to NDPERS Law Enforcement Plan • Starting 10 hours a month vacation accrual, 8 hours a month for sick leave • 5 days off every other week • Take-home patrol vehicles
• $1000 uniform allowance per year
• Yearly longevity bonus
Career opportunities include: •Field Training Officer •School Resource Deputy •K9 Unit •Investigations •Drug Task Force •Truck Weight Enforcement •SWAT •Hostage Negotiator •Instructor •DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) •Plus training opportunities in variety of Law Enforcement topics/specialties And more!
• Submit Application
• Application Screening
• Online Written Test (Waived for laterals)
• Interview with panel
• Extensive Background Investigation
• Psychological Tests
• Medical Exam
• Offer of employment
Come experience a career where you can serve and protect over 2,000 square miles of the beautiful Bakken Western North Dakota and its citizens and communities! If you have great people skills and want to make a difference in your community then we want you! What are you waiting for? Apply today!
You can see a detailed job description and minimum requirements for these positions at
Application Deadline is October 29th.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Experience preferred