Detention Support Specialist
Yavapai County Sheriff's Office - Prescott, Arizona
Jun 10, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $16.43-20.05 hourly
Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative and security functions in a detention environment.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination and movement of the staff and inmate population through the monitoring of audio and video security systems, to include the electronic door controls.
- Monitors safety and security of the staff, inmates, and visitors by assessing the behavior of inmates while utilizing all the security systems provided.
- Communicates effectively with Detention Officers by effectively processing inquiries by staff on inmate activities and movements, as well as scheduled inmate activities.
- Updates all appropriate logs dealing with housing and inmate activity. Updates appropriate records management systems and completes necessary reports.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience: No experience necessary Education: High school diploma or GED.
Other Skills, Preferences
- General office procedures, policies and practices.
- Computer application, and other general office equipment related to the performance of the essential functions of the job.
- Operating a variety of standard office equipment and enter data into a keyboard device.
- Exercising good judgment, applying logical thinking and making sound decisions to accomplish tasks.
- Analyze situations detect problems and facts.
- Communicate effectively orally and by telephone, verbally and in writing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Observe or monitor objects, data, and/or behavior to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Respond to emergencies or stressful situations calmly, quickly and decisively.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Work rotating shifts which includes weekends and holidays.
- The work is sedentary; requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The work also requires the ability to crouch, finger, reach, perform repetitive motion, hear, speak, walk, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Please go to YCSOJOBS.COM to apply
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: No experience necessary