Director, Compliance, Policy and Training
San Antonio ISD - San Antonio, Texas
Jul 21, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 20, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $75900.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $109371.90 annual
Oversees daily operations of a singular department or campus. Directs staff, which should include people managers, in the development and implementation of departmental or campus policies, procedures, and programs. Adheres to both district policy and governmental regulations concerning department or campus operations. Manages departmental or campus structure, development, training, and planning.
Responsible for the planning, strategic alignment, formal adoption, and continuous monitoring of the District's law enforcement, compliance, policy, and training development and oversight efforts. Build and cultivate sustainable relationships with regional, statewide, and national police academies to create a robust talent pipeline of police cadets for the District’s police department. Additionally, manages and oversees the Police Departments' compliance, policy, and training programs to ensure that the District's Police Department is always in adherence with local, state, and national laws, rules, and regulations that guide law enforcement operations.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
Identifies, verifies, and reconciles compliance with established law enforcement standards, correcting any noted deficiencies through policy, training, or other administrative measures. Reviews standards and ensures the Department remains in compliance; stays abreast of all aspects of the accreditation process to include proposed amendments to the standards.
Develops, writes, reviews, revises, and manages the Department's catalog of policies, procedures, and forms to ensure compliance with Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices Program and the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. Recommends changes in policies and procedures indicated by Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices or the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. Updates, changes, or modifications; maintains a standard format for policies to be reviewed and revised on a scheduled basis.
Conducts regular reviews with the appropriate staff and revises department policy and procedures manuals and catalogs to ensure standard operating procedures are reliable, up-to-date, and meet all current Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices Program standards, legislative mandates, and judicial rulings.
Develops partnerships with regional, statewide, and national police academies to create a robust talent pipeline of police officers for the Districts police department.
Oversees on-site Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices Program standards assessments and inspections; prepares and submits required reports and documentation to Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices Program.
Provides training to ensure employees are knowledgeable on all new and revised policies.
Participates in the Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices Program conference and mock assessments.
Develops Department's multi-year compliance, policy, and training plans.
Serves as the Department's Terminal Agency Coordinator (TAC) for TCIC/NCIC security and compliance purposes.
Manages the Department's administrative reporting program.
Conducts internal audits on Department practices.
Performs other related duties as assigned within the appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this position.
- Age: 21
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 10 years
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Police Science, Public Administration, or a directly related field or 4 years equivalent experience.
· 10 years of progressive experience in a related field to include: Experience with Texas Law Enforcement Best Practice Program. Experience with Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
· 4+ years of progressive leadership experience to include: Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing, and Managing employees or teams. Coaching, Mentoring, Developing, and Performance Managing employees or teams. Valid Texas driver's license and good driving record; must meet and maintain liability and coverage eligibility.
· Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the employee.
· Master's degree from an accredited college or university
· Active Peace Officer license by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement with Master Peace Officer Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with diverse groups of individuals utilizing tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to define problems, draw conclusions, and problem solve.
· Ability to use various computer software including, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Reader, Acrobat, and relevant law enforcement software and systems.
· Leadership and organizational skills.
· Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, a collaborative leadership style, and high ethical standards.
· Ability to effectively utilize resources to accomplish goals.
· Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with key managers and other partners.
· Ability to translate District Police Departments Mission, Vision and Goals into Department's operations.
· Knowledge of the Texas Penal Code and the Code of Criminal Procedures per the Texas Education Code.
· Knowledge of Emergency Operations Planning and Incident Command structures
· Computer, computer software programs and peripherals, teacher resource materials and equipment, copier, fax, and other equipment applicable to the position.
· Frequent exposure to: temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise. Occasional exposure to: biological hazards (communicable diseases, bacteria, insects, mold, fungi, etc.
· Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions/deadlines; frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, pulling and pushing; reaching, repetitive hand motions, hearing, speaking clearly, visual acuity and prolonged data input; occasional lift/carry light, moderate 15-44 pounds.
Supervisory Responsibilities / Direct Reports