CITY OF ENID - Enid, Oklahoma
Nov 20, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 15, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $41,641.60 annual
- Top Pay:
- $61,795.23 annual
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Successfully complete the departmental Field Training Program under the direction of a Field Training Officer during the one year probationary period
· Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
· Patrol City streets, parks, commercial and residential areas to preserve the peace and enforce the law, control vehicular traffic, prevent or detect and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law.
· Interrogates suspects, interviews witnesses and drivers.
· Investigates and renders assistance at scene of vehicular accidents. Summons ambulances and other law enforcement vehicles. Takes measurements and draws diagram of scene.
· Coordinates activities with other officers or other City departments as needed. Exchanges information with officers in other law enforcement agencies, and obtains advice and direction from supervisors, regarding cases, policies and procedures, as needed and assigned.
· Record facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities. Preserve evidence using training and standard acceptable practices. Complete daily log of activity.
· Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
· Operate cell phones, two-way radios, handguns; shotguns, rifles, radar equipment, breathalyzer equipment, camera equipment and other equipment as required and demonstrate proficiency as required.
· Identify, pursue, physically apprehend and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts.
· Drive patrol vehicle responding promptly to calls for assistance.
· Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
· Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
· Investigate traffic accidents and other accidents to determine causes and to determine if a crime has been committed.
· Testify credibly in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic and criminal cases.
· Read and interpret maps and give directions. Photograph or draw diagrams of crime or accident scenes and interview principals and eyewitnesses.
· Maintains departmental equipment, supplies and facilities.
· Maintains contact with the general public, court officials and other city officials in the performance of police operating activities.
The Enid Police Department is accepting applications for full-time police officer. A $10,000.00 sign-on incentive is being offered for CLEET certified or other state certified applicants. (Certified Officers would start out at $44,473.23)
· Competitive salary: Starting pay is $41,641.60 for non-certified applicants annually
· Insurance (health, dental, vision, and life)
· FLEX medical plan option
· 20 year retirement in the Oklahoma Police Pension system
· Seven 6.8% tier step-raise system
· Comp- time bank option
· Education pay, shift differential pay, assignment pay, longevity pay, fitness incentive pay/leave, tuition reimbursement plan, linguistic pay
· Sick leave, family sick leave, vacation leave, holiday leave/pay, personal leave, military leave, bereavement leave, and fitness leave
· All uniforms, equipment and firearms provided
· Annual uniform/equipment supplement
· 4 days on, 3 days off work schedule
· End of shift on-duty fitness workout option (if staffing and call volume allow)
· Take home vehicle program (must reside in Garfield County)
Applications are available on-line at www.enid.org. Application hiring cycle will close on December 15th, 2020.
For more information, please contact Captain Gary Fuxa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 580-616-7055.
The City of Enid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Age: 21-45
- Education: High School (minimum)
- Experience: Preferred but not necessary
* Must be a citizen of the United States
* Must be between 21 and 45 years old
* Must have high school diploma or GED
* Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license
* No felony convictions, serious misdemeanors convictions, domestic violence convictions
* Must be of good moral character
* Must successfully pass a physical agility test