Traffic Control Specialist
Lee County Port Authority Police Department - Fort Myers, Florida
Mar 20, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 1, 2024
- Entry Level:
- $15.00 hourly
This position assists the Port Authority in its efforts of efficient movement of motor vehicles and pedestrian traffic within areas designate, and with the fulfillment of the airports’ responsibilities toward unauthorized access into restricted areas. The Traffic Control Specialist reports to the Traffic Control Lead and follows the Chain of Command for the Lee County Port Authority Police Department. If interested, please apply at; https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/leecountypa
· Under general supervision, ensures the safe, convenient and efficient operation of terminal front passenger loading and unloading areas by monitoring and directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic; and relocating unattended vehicles as per airport security/safety regulations.
· Directs traffic flow in the terminal areas while providing assistance and direction, informing passengers of alternates and provides high profile customer service to the traveling public.
· Enforce parking regulations and issue citations. Assists law enforcement and other security personnel during emergency and non-emergency situations at the airport.
· Observe and report hazards and unsafe conditions inside and outside of airport terminals.
· Assist individuals with information and/or directions.
· Maintain a security post that controls vehicle access into the airport’s secured area.
· Conduct airport ID and vehicle inspections.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Age: 18
- Education: N/A
- Experience: N/A
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of general policies, practices and procedures of the Port Authority or the ability to learn them within a reasonable period. Knowledge of computer data entry procedures, and the ability to learn the computer programs used in a reasonable amount of time. Ability to establish and maintain pleasant working relationships with the public and employees at RSW. Ability to operate communications equipment, maintain composure during emergency situations and to convey information sometimes under adverse conditions. Daily shift work will involve standing and walking outdoors up to ten (10) hours under various weather conditions with appropriate breaks. Ability to work various shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
Training and *_Experience: *_High school graduation/GED required; successfully pass a physical and drug screening and background investigation. Ability to communicate effectively with the public, maintaining tact and good judgment while promoting exceptional customer service. Upon employment must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.