DEPUTY SHERIFF CADET
Alachua County Sheriff - Gainesville, Florida
Sep 15, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 28, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $14 hourly
++DESCRIPTION:++ A training position involving attendance at a recognized law enforcement academy for the express purpose of becoming an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office Deputy. This position requires commitment, diligence and initiative.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Training Bureau Sergeants and Uniform Patrol Division Commander. Performance is evaluated through observation and grades obtained.
++HOURS:++ Full-time (typically 40 hours per week).
++SALARY:++ $14.00/hourly. Plus educational incentive: $996 for Associates Degree, $2,004 for Bachelor’s Degree, $2,496 for Master Degree. Bi-weekly pay period. ++Upon successful completion of the State Certification process, pay will increase to $19.5056/hourly++ plus educational incentive pay and equipment.
++BENEFITS++ Florida State Retirement, Employer contributes up to 85% to Health, Life and Dental Care. Deferred Compensation, Flexible Spending Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, 8 Hours/Month Annual Leave, 14 Paid Holidays/Year, and up to 8 hours quarterly sick leave incentive.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Experience: None
++REQUIREMENTS:++ To submit an application:
· Must be at least 21 years of age by the time of graduation from the academy
· High school diploma/GED
· Current, valid Florida driver’s license
· Must be a US Citizen
· Must meet or exceed all applicable physical agility standards required by ACSO
· Must pass any required physical testing mandated by ACSO and/or FCJSTC
· Be of good moral character, have no felony convictions or misdemeanor
convictions involving moral character, perjury or false statements
· Must be willing to enter into a pre-employment agreement regarding length of ACSO employment
· Must pass the current ACSO pre-employment background testing and background process
· Must meet the ACSO Deputy Sheriff residency requirement at the time of employment as a full time ACSO Deputy
· Must meet Santa Fe College in-state tuition requirements