Extra Duty Coordinator
Alachua County Sheriff - Gainesville, Florida
Jun 10, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jun 18, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $17.92 hourly
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office is currently seeking interested and qualified candidates for the position described below. ++As a condition of employment, employees are required to participate in the payroll direct deposit program++. A complete, detailed job description for this position is available in the Alachua County Sheriff's Office Human Resources Bureau.
++POSITION TITLE:++ EXTRA DUTY COORDINATOR
++HOURS:++ Full time, Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day. Overtime may occur on a limited basis or as needed
++BASE SALARY:++ $17.9218/hourly. Bi-weekly pay period. Annual Education Incentive: Associates $996, Bachelor’s $2,004, Master’s $2,496. 1% above base pay up to 10% for prior experience.
++BENEFITS:++ Florida State Retirement. Employer contributes up to 85% towards Health, Life, and Dental Care. Deferred Compensation, Flexible Spending Programs and Tuition Reimbursement available. 8 Hours/Month Annual Leave, 14 Paid Holidays/Year, includes up to 8 hours quarterly sick leave incentive.
++DESCRIPTION:++ Responsible position involving the administrative and financial functions associated with the off-duty employment of sworn and some non-sworn ACSO employees. Duties include maintaining work schedules, entering Extra Duty payroll information, establishing vendor relationships, billing vendors for hours worked, and processing receipts.
++REQUIREMENTS:++ To submit an application:
· Current, valid Florida driver’s license
· High school diploma/GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred Preferred Major(s): Accounting, Business, Finance, or other related field.
· Experience in word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Word) required
· Knowledge of QuickBooks greatly preferred
· Be of good moral character, have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, perjury or false statements
· No tattoos that depict violence, gang affiliation, illegal substance or activities
++SELECTION:++ The most qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Selected applicant must successfully complete the requirements of a conditional employment offer, a pre-employment background investigation, polygraph, physical examination, drug screening, and psychological evaluation.
++DEADLINES:++ Friday, June 18, 2021
Submit your application online through our website.
++CONTACT INFO:++ Alachua County Sheriff's Office
Human Resources Bureau
2621 S.E. Hawthorne Road
Gainesville, Florida 32641
- Age: 18
- Education: Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience: N/A