Alachua County Sheriff - Gainesville, Florida
Nov 18, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 19, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $Yes annual
Skilled technical and clerical work involved with ordering, receiving, recording, controlling, dispersing, and disposing of a wide variety of property items. Work is performed under the general direction of the Property Supervisor. Performance is evaluated through observation, results obtained, and appropriate employee performance appraisals.
- Maintain a record of all expendable inventory through the use of a computer and other files.
- Initiate orders for expendable supplies and uniform items as necessary.
- Maintain an accurate record of all items issued to agency personnel.
- Order expendable supplies in a timely manner, avoiding shortages of needed items.
- Receive, unpack, and inspect supplies/equipment for compliance with ordering specifications and contact vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Store supplies and maintain the supply area in a neat and organized manner.
- Ensure that supplies are delivered to or picked up by the appropriate employee and/or Division/Bureau.
- Provide current and new employees with uniforms, equipment and appropriate materials necessary for their duty assignments.
- Ensure and document the return of all departmental property upon an employee’s termination.
- Maintain and issue traffic citation books.
- Properly monitor usage levels of supplies/equipment to avoid over or under stocking.
- Responsible for maintaining ACSO building keys.
- Assist other Unit and Bureau members as needed.
- Age: Must be 18 years of age
- Education: High school diploma/GED
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in records, inventory control, warehousing, or purchasing preferred
- Current, valid Florida driver’s license
- Ability to type 25 cwpm
- Good working knowledge of computers
- Requires a large amount of physical labor to include moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy pushing/pulling, carrying moderate to heavy loads, and climbing
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Be of good moral character, have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, perjury or false statements
- No tattoos that depict violence, gang affiliation, illegal substance or activities