SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
Alachua County Sheriff - Gainesville, Florida
Oct 14, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 30, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $25.30 hourly
Responsible work involves assisting with the safety of school children as they cross busy road ways during school hours at peak traffic times.
School Crossing Guards are provided with uniforms and any necessary equipment, in accordance with ACSO policy.
++HOURS:++ Part-time position
Approximately 15 hours bi-weekly
Monday-Friday- 6:55 a.m.-7:50 a.m.
1:47 p.m.-2:22 p.m
++REQUIREMENTS:++ To submit an application:
· High school diploma/GED, preferred
· Current, valid Florida driver’s license
· Will be required to work the designated morning and afternoon hours during regularly scheduled school sessions
· Must be 18 years of age
· No tattoos that depict violence, gang affiliations, illegal substance or activities.
· Must be able to stand for an extended period of time and hold a stop sign for up to two (2) minutes
++SELECTION:++ Applicants will be scheduled for an oral board interview with various representatives of the Sheriff’s Office. Selected applicants must successfully complete the requirements of a conditional employment offer and a pre-employment background investigation, polygraph, drug screen, physical & psychological examination.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Experience: None
++DEADLINES:++ Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Apply on line at www.acso.us
++CONTACT INFO:++ Alachua County Sheriff's Office
Human Resources Bureau
2621 S.E. Hawthorne Road
Gainesville, Florida 32641