Alachua County Sheriff - Gainesville, Florida
Feb 23, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 5, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $No annual
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office is currently seeking interested and qualified candidates for the position described below. ++As a condition of employment, employees are required to participate in the payroll direct deposit program++. A complete, detailed job description for this position is available in the Alachua County Sheriff's Office Human Resources Bureau.
Supervisory and administrative work involving the direct supervision of Booking Support personnel. Requires the frequent, immediate exercise of independent judgment and initiative along with experience and specialized knowledge regarding the direction and operations of the Booking Support Bureau (BSB).
++HOURS:++ Full time, shift work, will be required to work weekends and holidays.
++BASE SALARY:++ $19.6565/hourly. Bi-weekly pay period. Annual Education Incentive: Associates $996, Bachelor’s $2,004, Master’s $2,496. 1% above base pay up to 10% for prior experience.
++BENEFITS:++ Florida State Retirement, Employer contributes up to 85% to Health, Life and Dental Care. Deferred Compensation, Flexible Spending Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, 8 Hours/Month Annual Leave, 14 Paid Holidays/Year, and up to 8 hours quarterly sick leave incentive.
++SELECTION:++ The most qualified applicants who pass the required selection examination will be scheduled for an oral board interview with representatives of the Sheriff’s Office. Selected applicants must successfully complete the requirements of a conditional employment offer, a pre-employment background investigation, polygraph, drug screening, physical examination and psychological evaluation.
++DEADLINES:++ Friday, March 5, 2021
Applications must be submitted on-line at www.acso.us
++CONTACT INFO:++ Alachua County Sheriff's Office - Human Resources Bureau
2621 S.E. Hawthorne Road
Gainesville, Florida 32641
The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office gives preference in employment/appointment to eligible veterans and spouses of disabled veterans. Applicants with disabilities will be accommodated in the application process. Minorities and protected classes are encouraged to apply.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: • Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in a complex office environment, such as a Law Enforcement Records or Jail Booking area
++REQUIREMENTS:++ To submit an application:
· High school diploma/GED
· Current, valid Florida driver’s license
· Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in a complex office environment, such as a Law Enforcement Records or Jail Booking area
· Basic computer and word processing skills
· Any equivalent combination of education or experience which results in the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
· Attendance at a recognized Supervision Course preferred
· Ability to work shift work, attend meetings, and/or training sessions
· Required to rotate to different shifts, work weekends, holidays or overtime
· Current, valid Florida Crime Information Center / National Crime Information Center (FCIC/NCIC) Certification
· Be of good moral character, have no felony or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, perjury or false statements
· No tattoos that depict violence, gang affiliation, illegal substance or activities