Corrections Officer I
Galveston County Sheriff's Office - Galveston, Texas
Nov 7, 2014
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $16.52 hourly
- Maintains the security of the facility by conducting security checks, settling disputes, and performing cell searches and inspections: conducts outside pedrimeter checks
- Preparation and proper completion in the documentation of inmate records.
- Issues inmate meals, clothing, linens and personal items.
- Supervises inmate programs, including recreational, lega, health care, visitation and religious services.
- Prepares reports on jail and inmate activities.
- Supervise inmates performing such as assignments as cleaning and maintaining the jail facility.
- Continually observes locations and activities of inmates.
Galveston County Employee Benefits: Health Insurance- employee and dependent coverage availanle at a minimal cost to the employee. Access to CAREHERE clinics and pharmacy.
Life Insurance- Provided by county. 4 times the amount of your annual salary plus $15,000.
Sick Leave- Continues hours earned for years of service.
Paid Vacation- 1st-4th yr= 10 days a yr; 5th-10h yr= 15 days a yr; 11th yr plus= an extra day a yr; up to 25 days a yr
Retirement- Texas County and District Retirement System
Alternate Plan- Tax Deferred Alternate 457 Plan, in lieu of Social Security
Longevity Pay- $5.00 per month after 1 year of service
Agency Benfits Include: Shift Differential Pay; Career Ladder Advancement; Certificate Pay
- Age: 18 years or older
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None
US Citizen and resident of the contiguous United States for a period of time sufficient to conduct a background investigation.
Possess a valid Texas Drivers License and an acceptable drving record as determined by the Galveston County Sheriff's Office
Must Have Favorable employment history
Must have a stable credit history
Must Possess good computer skills and demonstarte comprehensive reading and comprehension skills
No conviction above a Class B Misdemenaor or a Class B misdemeanor iwthin the past 10 yers nor have been on or currently on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense
Applicant must pass all phases of the required tresting
Must be eligible for licensing by the Texas Commision on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)