Gaston county police department - Gastonia, North Carolina
Sep 30, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency annual
The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Receives, evaluates and processes calls from the public for emergency services; dispatches emergency County Police and County Emergency Medical Services personnel; dispatches designated municipal and volunteer fire and rescue personnel as well as certain local government law enforcement personnel.
- Utilizes radios, telephones, alarm systems, pagers, recording devices and computer terminals in the receipt, entry, and transmission of information; operates National Crime Information Center (NCIC) & Crime Information Network terminals to make inquiries and enter data
- Completes various forms and reports as required concerning shift operations or in the handling of calls received or dispatched.
- Age: 18 years +
- Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency
- Experience: No prior experience necessary
This position requires graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age. All applicants must be US citizens meet authorizations set forth, and must meet the requirements set forth by the Department of Criminal Information for certification. ++All applicants must take and pass a typing test of 45 words per minute administered in the Gaston County Administration Building, 3rd floor, HR Department prior to completing the formal application. Requires Police Authorization Forms ++ Applicants must also pass the CritiCall Personnel Selections Software Test. This is a job and task related abilities assessment test administered after the completed application is passed on to the 911Telecommunicator Background Investigator. Applicants must possess sufficient visual acuity and color perception to read and interpret multiple computer monitor displays. Applicants must be able to demonstrate sufficient range of motion, dexterity and hand-eye coordination to efficiently operate multiple keyboards and CRT workstations. Must have a clear, concise speaking voice for transmission over the radio, have good communications and computer skills. Must be able to hear and comprehend both telephone callers and radio voice communications. Must be able to become and remain certified: 1) by the NC Dept. of Crime Information, 2) a Medical Priority Emergency Medical Dispatcher and 3) CPR certified through the American Red Cross. Must be able to work 12 hour shift schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays. Personnel are subject to ordered overtime and standby scheduling. Candidates are subject to a 12 month probationary period. Final candidates selected must undergo a thorough criminal history background investigation; pass a drug screening test, audiogram test, visual test, medical physical, psychological and polygraph test prior to employment. Applicants may be disqualified at any time during this process. ++APPLICANTS WITH A DRUG CONVICTION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.++ ++Requires Police Authorization forms with application. ++ Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.