Havre - Entry Level Police Officer
Havre Police Department - Havre, Montana
Apr 7, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jun 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Refer to PoliceApp.com annual
CITY OF HAVRE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Patrol to enforce federal, state city laws; make arrests, handle complaints, provide assistance in all manners of situations render basic first aid. Investigate preserve crime scenes evidence; write reports; protect citizens; deter criminal activity assist other officers. Perform pro-active routine patrol procedures including traffic patrol, animal control, follow-up investigation, responding to emergencies accidents. May deal with domestic abuse, thefts, disorderly conduct, sexual abuse, criminal mischief, criminal trespass, death investigation, sexual attacks, DUI's, drugs, juveniles, parking complaints, traffic complaints, traffic citations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- US Citizen
- Able to obtain Montana Driver’s License
- No felonies or serious misdemeanors
- Good moral character
- Be able to complete a standardized mental health and physical fitness exam and background investigation
- Preferred to have current Montana Consortium testing and MPAT Scores or be able to attend and signed up for the June MTLETC.ORG Testing.
- Ability to achieve POST certification within one year of date of hire.
- Ability to qualify with specific duty weapons
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the public
- Ability to handle interpersonal situations and have problem-solving skills
- Willingness to serve the community
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT
The Havre Police Department has 19 sworn officers and is the 7th largest municipal police department in the State of Montana. Our Police Department has been very progressive and has incorporated the popular philosophy of community policing throughout the Department. The men and women who provide police service to Havre residents and visitors are committed to protecting life and property and working together with those we serve to improve the quality of life in our community. All department members are committed to serve the citizens of Havre with dignity and respect in a fair, unbiased, and responsive manner. We are always looking to improve our department in order to provide our community with the most advanced law enforcement procedures and best practices.
Havre is also home to the Hill County Sheriff’s Department, Montana Highway Patrol, United States Border Patrol Sector Headquarters, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Tri-Agency Drug Task Force.
** APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH POLICEAPP: https://bit.ly/2Q3NCmi **
- Age: 18
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Entry Level