Hopkins Police - Hopkins, Minnesota
Sep 21, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 1, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$5,769 monthly
- Lateral Transfer:
- $Lateral hiring incentive as well as accelerated step increases annual
- Top Pay:
- $7,404 monthly
The Hopkins Police Department is accepting applications and resume (required) for the position of police officer. Applicants must meet the MN POST qualifications to be licensed or be licensed subsequently after hire.
Interviews will take place the 4th Tuesday of every month beginning on October 25th, 2022. The hiring process will remain open until filled.
We are offering a $5,000 ++lateral ++transfer sign on bonus for officers who have been employed full-time for the last 12 months as an officer. $2,000 of the bonus will be paid after completion of our FTO process. The remaining $3,000 will be paid after successful completion of one year probationary status.
Excellent fringe benefits. Applications are available at ++www.hopkinsmn.com++ or from the Hopkins Police Dept., 1010 1st St. S., Hopkins, MN 55343; or by calling (952) 938-8885. Any questions, contact Capt. Craig Kreiling at 952-548-6402 or ++CKreiling@Hopkinsmn.com++
This position is responsible for conducting law enforcement activities to ensure public safety. Responsibilities may include: responding to requests for assistance from the public; preventing traffic accidents and deterring violators; investigating accidents and criminal incidents; preparing incident reports; ensuring the security and order of the court; receiving, processing, recording, storing, maintaining and releasing evidence; protecting crime scenes; and coordinating with other departments.
++MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:++ Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in Law Enforcement or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
++LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:++ Peace Officers Standards and Training License
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be exposed to hazardous physical conditions, such as, mechanical parts, electrical currents, and vibrations; atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, odors, gases, and poor ventilation; hazardous materials, such as chemicals, blood, and other bodily fluids; extreme temperatures; inadequate lighting; work space-related movement restrictions; intense noise; and other environmental conditions, such as, challenging behaviors, imminent danger, may be subject to call backs and threatening environments.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Modern police practices and methods;
- Departmental procedures, rules and regulations;
- Effective methods of investigation;
- Applicable Federal and State laws, city statutes and laws of arrest;
- Street layout and geography of the City;
- Customer service principles;
- Record-keeping principles;
- Court procedures;
- Training principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Enforcing Federal, State laws, and city statutes;
- Analyzing situations quickly and objectively;
- Investigating crime scenes;
- Operating a police vehicle;
- Training officers on work methods;
- Maintaining required records and preparing reports;
- Providing customer service;
- Testifying in court;
- Prioritizing and monitoring work;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- Age: N/A
- Education: Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in Law Enforcement or related field
- Experience: We are offering a $5,000 lateral transfer sign on bonus for officers who have been employed full-time for the last 12 months as an officer. $2,000 at completion of FTO and $3,000 after 1 year probationary period.