Lead Police Telecommunicator
Cypress Fairbanks ISD Police Department (TX) - Houston, Texas
Sep 16, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 28, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $18.84 hourly
Cypress Fairbanks ISD Police department is currently looking to hire a full time Lead Police Telecommunicator to Coordinate the activities of other Telecommunicators assigned to the CFISD Police Department Communication Center. Assist the Telecommunication Supervisor in maintaining a proficient and professional law enforcement call center.
CFISD PD is located North West of Houston in the Cypress area.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must hold an Advanced TCOLE Telecommunicator certification. Master TCOLE Telecommunicator certification preferred.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a TCOLE FTO certification.
- Must possess TCIC/NCIC full access credentials.
- Must possess a current and valid Class C Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas Department of Public Safety, and meet all requirements for other safety-sensitive positions.
- Must have security clearance and pass a CCH check for assessing security-alarm pass card data.
- Must have working knowledge of police radio communications.
- Must have working knowledge of computers.
- Must be proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) preferred.
- Experience with operation of CCTV systems preferred.
- Must be able to act and react with professional poise and effectiveness in stressful and/or emergency situations.
- Must have command of English language and be able to communicate clearly over the telephone and radio.
- Must have a high level of customer service skills.
- Must be able to work shift-work, holidays, and weekends.
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending and computer keyboard activity.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information, data and records.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School
- Experience: Hold Advanced Telecommunicator license.
Yearly stipend paid for the following.
FTO (When they have a new TCO) $25.00 a day
Sgt. Tommy Collums