Jackson County Department of Corrections - Kansas City, Missouri
Nov 19, 2015
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 19, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $11.45 hourly
- Provides security for inmates housed at the Jackson County Detention Center.
- The employee must follow written procedures and guidelines in the department’s policy and procedure manual. The incumbent may be assigned to different posts, areas and shifts depending upon the needs of the operation.
- Overtime is required and the employee is subject to being called in when staffing shortages, department emergencies arise.
Apply Online at www.jacksongov.org/jobs
- Age: 20
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: No Experience Necessary
- Must have a High School diploma/GED (Bachelor’s Degree in corrections preferred),
- Must be at least age 20.
- Have/maintain valid Missouri driver’s license, have/maintain working telephone in the residence.
- Must pass Corrections Officer exam, police background/motor vehicle record check, drug screen test and physical examination.
- Must work mandatory overtime and maintain sufficient physical dexterity to perform essential elements of the position.BARGAINING UNIT POSITION. Non-smokers preferre