Jackson County Department of Corrections - Kansas City, Missouri
Jan 2, 2015
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 2, 2030
- Entry Level:
- $11.45 hourly
- Provides security for inmates housed at the Jackson County Detention Center.
- The employee must follow written procedures and guidelines in the department’s policy and procedure manual. The incumbent may be assigned to different posts, areas and shifts depending upon the needs of the operation.
- Overtime is required and the employee is subject to being called in when staffing shortages, department emergencies arise.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: Entry Level
- Must have a High School diploma/GED (Bachelor’s Degree in corrections preferred),
- Be 21 years of age,
- Have/maintain valid Missouri driver’s license, have/maintain working telephone in the residence.
- Must pass Corrections Officer exam, police background/motor vehicle record check, drug screen test and physical examination.
- Must work mandatory overtime and maintain sufficient physical dexterity to perform essential elements of the position.BARGAINING UNIT POSITION. Non-smokers preferred.