Lisbon - Police Officer
Lisbon Police Department - Lisbon, New Hampshire
Apr 7, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Apr 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $50960 annual
Town of Lisbon NH
Full Time Police Officer
Hiring 2 Officers!
The Lisbon Police Department is now taking applications for a full time Police Officer position. We are looking for professional team members to join our Department and provide the Town of Lisbon with an excellent quality of Law Enforcement service.
The Lisbon Police Department offers a competitive wage with municipal benefits. A stipend is offered to employees who choose not to utilize the Town of Lisbon for their Health Insurance ($400/month). The Lisbon Police Department works a four days on, three days off schedule (Commonly referred to as a 4, 10hr schedule) which rotates. A unique benefit offered by the Lisbon Police Department is the "10-1" Physical Fitness Incentive Program. Employees are paid to "work out" for one hour during their scheduled shifts. Officers who pass the departments annual fitness exam are awarded 10 hours of comp time.
- Must be 21 years of age (or within 6 months of being 21 at date of hire)
- Must be a United States Citizen
- High School Education or equivalent (Associates or Bachelors Degree Preferred)
- a valid Driver’s License
- No Felony or Misdemeanor convictions
- Must successfully pass a character and background check.
- Must pass minimum hiring requirements as set by NH Police Standards and Training Council.
Out of state certified candidates who apply will have to successfully pass the NH PSTC reciprocal exam and physical fitness test as a condition of their employment.
- Serves as a police officer as defined in RSA 105 (Laws of the State of New Hampshire).
- Performs responsible law enforcement duties including patrol, investigations, traffic control, and a variety of other duties designed to preserve peace and order within the community, to protect life and property, detect and apprehend violators of the law and insofar as the officers presence may enable him to prevent crime.
- The Lisbon New Hampshire police officer also carries out numerous service functions such as providing escorts for businesses within the community and emergency assistance to the residents and transients of the town in the event of natural or manmade disaster.
- 24.50/hr (50,960/yr) to 25.25/hr (52,520/yr) depending on Certification/experience
MINIMUM TESTING REQUIREMENTS:
Must pass Written Test at the 70th percentile to proceed in hiring process, Must pass Physical Fitness Test at the 35th Percentile as is required by State Law. Physical Fitness Test is based on Coopers Standards for a timed 1.5 mile run, pushups and timed sit-ups within 60 seconds.
- Written Examination (waived for certified applicants in state and out of state)
- Pre-selection Physical Fitness Testing
- Oral Board Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Screening
- Medical Exam/Drug screen
- Background Check
Successful Applicants will be required to obtain certification at the NH Police Standards and Training in Concord NH.
Deadline for applications: Open until filled
The Lisbon Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chief Ben Bailey
Lisbon Police Department
** APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH POLICEAPP: https://bit.ly/31Rs1Qz**
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma /GED
- Experience: Entry Level