School Resource Deputy
Dunn County Sheriff's Department - Manning, North Dakota
Jul 8, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $32.08 hourly
Will work with the schools in the county to begin new programs or existing programs with each school and provide all schools in the county with a resource for enforcing State laws.
Will coordinate with city/towns administrators in the county to set up new programs or continue existing programs with the cities/towns of Dunn County to better relationships with the smaller towns and communities.
When time allows will, serve and patrol the County as assigned by the Patrol Commander in the enforcement of local, state and federal ordinances and laws; to observe, prevent and terminate unlawful activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents in this position. The SRO is required to perform all duties in this description, but not limited to which incumbents may be required to perform position-specific tasks other than those listed in this job description.
• Primary objective will be to work with the schools and communities in Dunn County to set a positive rapport with administrators to ensure a cohesive work alliance with all the Schools and Community Programs.
• Incorporate new and existing program in the outer communities in Dunn County to ensure a cooperating effort with the citizens of these communities and law enforcement.
• Performs required law enforcement services in compliance with laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures on behalf of the County Sheriff’s Department.
• Patrols roads; performs traffic control; furnishes road and weather conditions.
• Responds to calls and complaints regarding suspected criminal activity; apprehends and/or seeks the prosecution of offenders of local, state and federal statutes.
• Works with the court system, attorneys and other law enforcement personnel; contacts various agencies to obtain and verify information.
• Investigates traffic accidents; writes accident reports; issues traffic violations.
• Conducts investigations of wanted or missing persons or property.
• Prepares reports on crimes, arrests or incidents; works with prosecuting attorneys; testifies in formal court proceedings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares various records and data for court processing.
• Copies criminal judgments for arresting agencies.
• Performs special assignments as necessary.
• Serves civil papers.
• Performs Court Room security; transports prisoners.
• Provides information to the public regarding various topics.
• Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience:
• Required 2 years of Law Enforcement experience with ability to obtain SRO accreditation.
• North Dakota POST Board certification or post certifiable.
• School Resource Officer experience preferred.
• Possession of a valid State of North Dakota driver’s license or equivalent and a good driving record.
• Certifiable in CPR, First Aid and specialized equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices, procedures, tools, techniques and equipment.
• Knowledge of legal terminology and the court system.
• Must be able to be a Creditable Officer to Testify in Court.
• Knowledge of criminal investigatory practices and methods.
• Knowledge of arrest, rules of evidence and court procedures
• Knowledge of the road and highway systems, topography, political boundaries and population patterns of the County.
• Ability to read, understand and apply regulations, codes, policies, procedures and other operational guidelines and directives.
• Ability to effectively use firearms and operate a motorized vehicle.
• Ability to prepare various written reports and records.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County staff, public officials, attorneys and the general public.
• Ability to cope with a variety of crisis and non-crisis situations firmly, tactfully and with respect for the rights of citizens.
• Ability to perform emergency first aid, CPR, rescue and recovery.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and various software applications.
Working conditions/Physical and Mental Demands:
• Physical environment consists of frequent exposure to an outdoor environment. May be required to perform a full range of motion with lifting and/or carrying materials, or equipment. Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious diseases. Potential exposure to dangerous situations involving hostile citizens.
• Should be able to drag 200 pounds a minimum of twenty-five feet.
• Shall lift portable scales weighing approximately 35-50 pounds each. Deputy shall be able to lift these portable scales in and out of the scale rack from the truck reg vehicle.
• Scheduling is Shift work, work weekends and holidays.
NOW HIRING FOR DEPUTY SHERIFF - SCHOOL RESOURCE DEPUTY
DCSO is currently looking for a strong community-oriented individual for the position of DEPUTY SHERIFF- SCHOOL RESOURCE DEPUTY!
If you want a career where everyday is different, enjoy interacting with the general public, and have a strong desire to serve your community, then apply today!
Prior law enforcement experience preferred!
Benefits include: • 2020 starting yearly salary is $66,713 or $32.08 per hour • County covers 100% of medical insurance coverage for self PLUS family. Plus dental, vision, Flex, Life Insurance etc. optional coverage paid by employee • County covers 100% retirement contributions to NDPERS Law Enforcement Plan which is 16.45% of pay • Starting 10 hours a month vacation accrual, 8 hours a month for sick leave • Flexible Schedule• Take-home patrol vehicle
• Complete and submit Application/Personal History Questionnaire
• Application/PHS review
• Oral Board Interview
• Extensive Background Investigation
• Conditional Offer of employment
• Psychological Exam
• Medical Exam
• Interview with Sheriff
• Begin your career with DCSO!
Come experience a career where you can serve and protect over 2,000 square miles of the beautiful Bakken Western North Dakota and its citizens and communities! If you have great people skills and want to make a difference in your community then we want you! What are you waiting for? Apply today!
For detailed information on the position and how to apply, see the link below:
Check us out on Facebook!
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Prior Law Enforcement Experience Preferred
Detective Timothy Sul