Morrow County Sheriff's Office - Mount Gilead, Ohio
Apr 13, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 14, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $19.49 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $22.75 hourly
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be required to work evening, weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime; exposed to stressful working conditions; may be required to perform multiple, critical tasks simultaneously.
Employee will be on probation per the current union contract.
NATURE OF WORK AND DUTIES:
Drives police cruiser; serves court orders and written processes as directed by courts; prepared accurate, concise and detailed reports and records relating to daily activities; patrols assigned area(s) of the county; responds to calls for services (e.g. domestic disputes, accidents, burglaries, etc.); observes area to detect suspicious activity; writes traffic and other citations; operates firearm, radio, radar, and other police-related equipment; communicates with fellow officers, complainants, suspects, victims, etc., through speech and writing; conducts investigations (e.g. interviews witnesses, collects evidence, search crime scene, etc.); testifies in court; maintains security of county facilities; prisoner transports to and from county facilities; work with other departments requiring assistance to incidents and/or emergency situations as requested; performs dispatch duties as assigned; performs escort duties as necessary; attends meetings, training and certification programs as required.
In no manner does this state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities to performed by the position incumbent.
- Must meet all requirements to be a deputy sheriff, i.e. a Law Enforcement certification from the Ohio Peace Officer’s Training Council.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must pass employment CVSA and drug screen.
- Must have good driving record and a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Must have good work record at current job assignment.
- Must be able to get along with fellow employees and the public
- Must be able to make good decisions and to take charge of emergency situations.
- Must have and maintain a home/cell phone.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a written application to the Morrow County Sheriff’s Office, Attn: Chief Deputy Troy Landon, 101 Home Road, Mt. Gilead, OH 43338.
Applications can be obtained by visiting our website. www.morrowcountysheriff.com
Starting pay may vary based on experience not to exceed $22.75
THE MORROW COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO IS QUALIFIED TO APPLY.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Must be OPOTA certified
- Experience: Must be OPOTA certified.