Kinston Police Department (NC) - , North Carolina
Dec 9, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$40,278.05 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $Will discuss based on expierence annual
Performs protective service work involving a variety of general or support duty police assignments, and related work as required. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Police Sergeant.
- On an assigned shift, operates a patrol car to observe for violations of City, county or state laws, suspicious activities or persons and disturbances of law and order.
- Responds to radio dispatches and answers calls and complaints; administers first aid.
- Serves warrants and makes arrests; testifies in court.
- Checks building security; responds to business and bank alarms.
- Operates police traffic radar for speed law enforcement.
- Investigates traffic accidents; secures information and evidence; directs traffic and enforces traffic laws; conducts traffic surveys and checks.
- Provides police escorts for parades, funerals, prisoners, bank deposits and special events.
- Reports unsafe conditions existing in street or other public facilities.
- Conducts and assists with criminal investigations by preserving evidence, interviewing victims and witnesses, performing property and evidence duties.
- Prepares detailed reports.
- May be assigned specific collateral duties such as administrative, special response team, special operations, school resource officer, investigations, animal control, etc.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Age: 20+
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: BLET certified
- Must possess either a B.L.E.T or State certification.
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet minimum age requirement of 20 years old.
- Some knowledge of police methods, practices and procedures.
- Some knowledge of the geography of the City and location of important buildings.
- Some knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Police Department.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to prepare clear reports.
- Ability to deal courteously but firmly with the public.
- Ability to analyze situations and to adopt quick, effective and reasonable courses of action with due regard to surrounding hazards and circumstances.
- Skill in the use of firearms and the operation of an automobile.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with associates and the general public.
- Must meet and maintain minimum training and experience requirements for position as established by the department and the State of North Carolina.