Patrolman / Police II / Corporal
City of Newberry - NEWBERRY, South Carolina
Mar 5, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $33065 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $35670 annual
- Top Pay:
- $46093 annual
++ ++++***CERTIFIED OFFICERS*** ++++Are eligible for a retention bonus up to $5000 if hired!!!++
The Newberry PD is a long-standing SC Accredited Department with the highest standards. Career growth and opportunities are based on the applicant’s education and/or experience. Therefore, the Department encourages applicants possessing college degrees, which is an inherent consideration during the screening process.
- Performs general duty police work in an effort to protect life and property of Newberry citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Work involves patrolling the City, conducting investigations, preparing cases for court, preparing various reports, and assisting citizens in an attempt to protect life and property of citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Employee works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
Newberry is a town rich in history and known for its beauty and small town charm. Although it is place where the past has been carefully and beautifully preserved, it's also a town with a vibrant present and an eye towards the future. Newberry's downtown boasts an array of unique shops and restaurants, the state-of-the-art Newberry Opera House, the historic Newberry Firehouse Conference Center and event venue, and one of the Southeast's finest private colleges.
The surrounding countryside offers diverse outdoor activities from our local vineyard, to nearby lakes, rivers, forest preserves and golf courses.
Newberry is located midway between the state capital of Columbia and Greenville, a cultural and economic hub of the state. Visitors and residents can enjoy a small town pace of life, but also know that the hustle and bustle of a larger city is just a short drive away. Named one of the "Most Charming Small Towns in America" by Travel Channel, Newberry has something for everyone.
The City of Newberry welcomes you to stop by and stay awhile! You may find that Newberry is just the place you've been looking for.
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer._ This organization is inclusive and diverse and encourages all people meeting the required qualifications to apply. _
We require all applicants to complete a City of Newberry Application to be considered for employment. Visit _http://www.cityofnewberry.com/careers _ to download an application. Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Age: 21 years old
- Education: HS diploma
- Experience: Entry level to Experienced
++Minimum Training and Experience Required:++
· Be a Citizen of the United States.
· Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
· Pass a physical examination post offer of employment.
· Meet the essential physical fitness standards necessary for the performance of duties.
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
· Successfully pass a State and Department aptitude test.
· Successfully pass a psychological screening.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment polygraph examination.
· Pass a credit check. Applicant must have a good credit rating as determined by a credit report from a Credit Reporting Agency.
· Pass an extensive background investigation which includes past or present domestic situations, i.e.: Child Support, Orders of Protection, Restraining Orders, etc.
· Pass Criminal history check and fingerprint check.
· Successfully complete the prescribed Police Officer Basic Training Requirements as required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
· Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license combined with a satisfactory 10-year driving record.