Corporal / K9 Handler
Hinsdale Police Department - NH - , New Hampshire
Jul 6, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 17, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $56,000 annual
HINSDALE NEW HAMPSHIRE
Corporal / Assistant Patrol Division Supervisor
The town of Hinsdale, located between the cities of Brattleboro Vermont and Keene, New Hampshire is home to growing commercial district and borders two states. The Hinsdale Police Department has an open Corporal position in our Patrol Division. Benefits include a $10,000 signing bonus ($7500 Vermont), New Hampshire State Retirement Plan, an additional 457(b) retirement plan, a holiday bonus based on longevity, a very generous healthcare plan and a starting salary of $56,000 with opportunities for private and town details and overtime.
- Supervise and assign daily duties and activities for Police Officers.
- Coordinate external and internal training events, maintain training records and serve as a trained instructor for use of force and firearms yearly training events.
- Maintain the department’s issued equipment, uniforms and firearms. Track used and worn equipment and replace it as needed.
- Inspect, correct, and approve written reports submitted by subordinate personnel.
- Train and utilize a police K9 with a major emphasis placed on narcotics and search and rescue.
- Perform all of the duties of Police Officer as needed
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Five years of experience as a full time police officer
- Hold a current New Hampshire “Full Time” Certification or a Vermont Level III “Full time” certification
- Have completed a Field Training Officer (FTO) training course and have experience training new officers
- Ability to pass the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training physical and written examinations
- Ability to plan and supervise work of subordinates, be a team player and willing to put the needs of the team first.
Send a cover letter and resume addressed to Chief of Police Charles Rataj, Hinsdale Police Department by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Hinsdale Police Department
P.O. Box 138
Hinsdale, NH 03451
- Age: None
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: Five Years