Traffic Safety Coordinator / Traffic Crash Investigator
North Little Rock Police Department - North Little Rock, Arkansas
Jan 9, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $18.41 - 27.40 hourly
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties pertaining to the investigation and mitigation of minor motor vehicle collisions, policing parking within City limits, and providing additional support to law enforcement officers by performing the following duties.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
· Traffic Control/Accidents: Responds to traffic accidents; interviews victims and other involved in traffic accident scene; collects traffic evidence; completes accident report; initiates proper assistance such as wreckers, ambulances, fire department, and law enforcement; provides traffic direction and control at accident scenes, road closures, inoperative traffic control devices and other situations that necessitate manual traffic direction; moves and sets up traffic cones and barricades to control crowds and traffic at hazard and/or collision scenes; reports hazardous roadway conditions and defective traffic control equipment to proper departments.
· Issues Parking Citations: Issues citations for the following parking violations: handicap, restricted parking (yellow curb), fire lanes, permit parking, schools – loading unloading in restricted zones, no parking permits in residential areas.
· Assists with Child Safety Seats: assists citizens with obtaining and installing the proper child safety seat for the Childs age and size; assists with community events to promote child safety seats and the laws requiring their use.
· Abandoned or Towed Vehicles: Manages documentation regarding abandoned or towed vehicles within the city limits of North Little Rock; provides information to the public regarding parking regulations, traffic accident regulations, and advises of rights for abandoned vehicles and towed vehicles; manages complaints regarding abandoned vehicles and/or illegally parked vehicles; aids in the removal of abandoned vehicles that obstruct the roadway.
· Assists Motorists: Provides assistance to disabled motorists.
· Assists Law Enforcement Officers: Reports the location and nature of crimes in progress to the communications center without becoming personally involved; enters and retrieves data to locate information on wanted subjects and to check license plates or driver’s license information; testifies in court regarding traffic and/or parking citations or as a witness; perform various administrative support duties; maintain assigned vehicle and equipment.
· Processes DWI Packets: Assists sworn personnel with DWI packets during DWI saturation patrols.
_Full Time Position with benefits package which currently includes paid health/life insurance (100% for employee & 75% health for family), retirement plan, longevity pay, vacation, personal, sick leave, 11 holidays, credit union and optional employee contribution 457 Deferred Compensation Plan. _
*MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY: *
· High School Diploma and two years of experience as a certified law enforcement officer or as a traffic accident investigator performing similar duties.
· Must possess citation authority certification within six (6) months of employment and maintain certification while employed in this position
· Must meet the specific requirements established by the State Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training and maintain certification while employed in this position.
· Must possess “Child Passenger Safety Technician” certification or be able to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire.
· A valid class D driver's license and a good driving record is required
- Age: 21 Years of Age by Date of Hire
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Must Have Certified Law Enforcement Experience