Sworn US Law Enforcement
North Pole Police Department - North Pole, Alaska
Feb 15, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $$26.00 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $$29.71 hourly
- Lateral Transfer:
- $$31.51 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $$42.40 hourly
The North Pole Police Department is here to serve the citizens and visitors of our fair city. Since becoming a city in 1953, we have strived to provide the best service to our community and do so today with the most up to date equipment, training, and qualified personnel.
In addition to both our full-time commissioned and civilian personnel, the North Pole Police Department has a police reserve organization called the North Pole Police Reserve Association (NPPRA), which was established in 1993.
NPPD HIRING INCENTIVE
Lateral or Academy Certified Officers may be eligible for a moving allowance up to $6,784!
Police Officer Recruit (entry level/probationary year)
- Salary Range: $26.00 hour – $26.78 hour
Police Officer(completed probation)
- Salary Range: $29.71 hour/Step 3 – $42.40 hour/Step 20
Police Officer Lateral
- Salary Range: $31.51 hour/Step 5 – $42.40 hour/Step 20
Competitive Benefits Package:
- 4/10 Work Schedule.
- Take home patrol car program.
- PERS retirement plan. (defined contribution)
- Section 457 (tax deferred) investment plans.
- Uniforms and equipment provided.
- APSC certification incentive: $3,868/year Intermediate, $4,347/year Advanced (Approx. depending on hiring wage).
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, hearing and life insurance package for employee and family members
- Flex Spending Plan: Option to participate to pay for out of pocket health care expenses, child care, etc. are tax deferred.
- Holidays: 11 days per year plus one personal day.
- Personal Leave: 205.14 hours per year (Years 0-4), 261.04 hours per year (Over 4 Years)
- Shift differential: Swing Shift 1$ / hr., Mid Shift $2.00 / hr., FTO Pay $1.00 / hr
- Presentation of duty weapon and badge upon retirement (with 10 years of service with the North Pole Police Department)
- Special Assignments: State Wide Narcotics Unit, Traffic Officer, Chena Lakes Patrol, Alaska State Trooper Special Reaction Team, Crisis Negotiator, Major Crimes Detective
Effective immediately, all candidates that are interested in applying with the North Pole Police Department must register with Public Safety Testing (PST) and test successfully prior to completing the City of North Pole Application.
At your earliest convenience visit https://www.publicsafetytesting.com/event/events and register for testing.
When an opening occurs, there is a selection process that takes place. The following is this process:
- A completed City of North Pole Application, Resume and Cover Letter must be turned in to PST together for consideration of employment AFTER testing with PST is complete. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- A Personal History Statement form done through PST is required to be completed at the time of application submittal. Failure to do so will result in disqualification
- An initial background investigation will be done.
- Upon successfully passing the initial background investigation, a conditional hire will be given to continue in the process.
- A questionnaire will be given to the applicant, followed by an in-depth background interview.
- If necessary, a physical agility test will be performed.
- A polygraph will be done for those who have successfully passed to this point.
- Psychological testing will be given.
- Prior to employment a complete physical will be done only on Alaska Police Standard Council form F-2. (Do not turn in until requested to do so)
Follow-up interview given, if necessary.
- Drug screening performed (paid by NPPD).
The applicant must pass all the above steps to be eligible to become a law enforcement officer. If the applicant cannot pass all the above, he or she will no longer be considered for employment.
Click here to download a job description [38kb .pdf] for an officer in the North Pole Police Department
Reserve Police Officers use the same process.
If you are applying for Reserve Police Officer indicate this on the application.
If you have any questions regarding the hiring process, please contact Admin Assistant Alison Trubacz at email@example.com
- Age: 21+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: No Experience Required