FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
Point Township Police Department - Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Oct 15, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 17, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$48,859.57 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $$45,602.26 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $Based on years experience annual
- Top Pay:
- $$65,146.10 annual
++CAREER OPPORTUNITY - FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER++
The Point Township Police Department, (Northumberland County), is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time police officer. Point Township is located in a hub between major universities and hospitals and offers great employment and educational opportunities for officer’s families. The area is situated along the north and west branches of the Susquehanna River and Lake Augusta, well known for summertime boating and recreation. Residents enjoy ample opportunities for camping, biking, hunting and fishing. There are outdoor motor sports, athletic venues, amusement parks and a variety of community festivals. The 25-mile residency requirement, (within 2 years of hire), allows flexibility for living accommodations and school options for children. Affordable housing, a variety of restaurants and shopping, and low crime rates provide for a high quality of life.
The agency is excited to announce the construction of a new police department, complete with training facilities, modern amenities, and a fleet garage. Come join a professional agency where you will enjoy support from your colleagues, supervisors and most important, the community you serve!
· #1 - Working in a community that appreciates their Law Enforcement Officers
· Competitive salary, based upon experience, (senior patrol pay in 2021 is $31.32/hr)
· The agency has now opened all Patrol Officer positions to lateral transfers to help veteran officers start with maximum pay potential
· Comprehensive FTO training program
· Fully Paid Insurance – Medical, Eye, Dental, Life & Disability
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan with PMRS, (laterals can port your current PMRS account)
· Other benefits include: all Uniforms and Equipment provided, Longevity Bonus, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, KIA/Disability Benefit, ++Retirees Health Benefit++ and more
- Competitive process to include written exam, physical performance test battery, oral board examination, thorough background investigation, medical and psychological screening.
Application packets can be picked up at the Point Township Municipal Building at 759 Ridge Road, Northumberland, PA between the hours of 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday.
Application must be submitted by Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 4:00pm.
++No Application Fee.++
Point Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Age: 21
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Act 120’ Certification by MPOETC, (or MPOETC accepted equivalent). If you are currently in an academy and will soon be certified, please apply.
- US citizen of excellent moral character
- Valid driver’s license