Lateral Police Officer
Paradise Valley Police Department - Paradise Valley, Arizona
Jun 17, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $63,960 annual
The Paradise Valley Police Department is conducting on-going recruitment for Certified Lateral Transfer Police Officers to fill current and future vacancies.
The process towards becoming a Paradise Valley Police Officer begins with the application packet, which must contain all the required documents, be filled out completely and returned to the Paradise Valley Police Department. Application packet forms are available on the Town of Paradise Valley website: http://paradisevalleyaz.gov/170/Employment-Information
Important: Application Packets must be returned to the Paradise Valley Police Department at the below address:
Paradise Valley Police Department
Attention: New Applicant Packet
6433 E Lincoln Dr
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must have prior full time experience as a Certified Police Officer.
Must be able to type minimum 25 CWPM.
+Applicant Packet - Required Documents+
The Town of Paradise Valley accepts applications only from current CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICERS. In order to be considered, the following documents must be completed in full.
1) Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board application. Please register and complete this form online. +Paper AZPOST applications are no longer being accepted. (See our website for login help)
2) Town of Paradise Valley Job Application. (Complete online on our website)
3) Fair Credit Reporting Act Information / Background Release.
4) Paradise Valley Police Department Automatic Hiring Disqualifiers Certification.
5) Federal Domestic Violence law forms
6) High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
7) Current law enforcement certification.
8) College transcripts. (not required / optional)
* Pay: $63,960 starting pay (plus special assignment pay of 2.5% - 5% where applicable)
* Uniform allowance: $1800 upon hire / $1300 per fiscal year. Ballistic vest provided every 5 years
* Off duty job opportunities @$60.00 / hour
* Permanent shifts: 2 - 12 hour days and 2 - 8 hour days - Three consecutive days off per week
* 10 paid holidays plus 2 personal days per year
* Accrue up to 40 hours comp-time
* Full health, dental and life insurance; subsidized dependent coverage available
* 80 hours vacation first year, up to 160 hours after 10 years service
* 96 hours of sick leave per year
* Town contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and 457 Deferred
* Fully Funded Retirement System (PSPRS)
Questions may be directed by phone or e-mail to:
Public Safety Systems Analyst
Office: (480) 348-3597
- Age: Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Experience: Must have prior full time experience as a Certified Police Officer.