City of Pascagoula Police Department - Pascagoula, Mississippi
Sep 15, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 8, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$37,760.84 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $Depends on Experience annual
- Top Pay:
- $$47,057.08 annual
Duties and Responsibilities: Performs general duty police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances; does related work as required, and any other duties assigned by the City Manager or the supervisor.
Employees are responsible for the protection of vehicular and pedestrian traffic and the general enforcement of laws and ordinances in a designated area on an assigned shift. Work is performed by departmental rules and regulations and normally consists of routine patrol, preliminary investigations, and traffic regulation duties which may be performed in cruiser cars, motorcycles, or on foot. Work involves an element of personal danger and employees must be able to act without direct supervision and to exercise independent discretion in meeting emergencies. A Police Patrolman may be attached to either the Patrol or Traffic Division or any position if so assigned. Assignments and general and special instructions are received from superior officers who review work methods and results through personal inspections, reports, and discussions.
To apply for this position go to https://cityofpascagoula.com/Jobs.aspx and complete the online application.
All applications must be submitted by 10/08/2021.
As a newly hired Police Officer with the City of Pascagoula Police Department, the salary range is $37,760.84 to $47,057.08. You will also be provided the following benefits:
- Insurance – Health insurance is $50 a month. Family members may be added to the health insurance program at a group rate. Employees are given $15,000 in Term Life insurance at no cost and have the option of purchasing additional coverage on self and family members.
- Holidays - Employees receive 10 paid holidays per year.
- Paid Leave – Employees receive 2 weeks of vacation per year and 12 days of sick leave per year. Vacation and sick leave is accrued biweekly.
- Retirement - Employees participate in the State of Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). The city and employee contribute to the retirement plan.
- Employee Assistance Program – Employee and family members may receive free support and referral programs in the event of a personal or family crisis.
- Outstanding Community Support
- Age: Must be 21
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None
++The application process consists of: ++
- Written Application
- Physical Agility Test (State requirements apply)
- Civil Service Written Test
- Civil Service Oral Interview Board
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination and Drug Screening
++The following qualifications/conditions are required to be offered employment:++
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Have computer experience (Microsoft Word & Outlook)
- Possession of a current/valid driver's license
- No issues of moral turpitude
- Honorable discharge from the armed forces if applicable
- Successful completion of the application process