Fraser/Winter Park Police Department - Winter Park, Colorado
Aug 11, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Feb 1, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$57,268 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $$57,268 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $$67,771 annual
- Top Pay:
- $$83,525 annual
This position is a certified police officer, as required by Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training Act. This is general law enforcement work, responsible for protecting life and property and enforcing laws and ordinances. Work involves routine patrol work and responding to emergency calls, citizen complaints, and alarms. Duties include preliminary investigations, special detail assignments, administrative duties and other special assignments as assigned by superiors.
- Patrols the Towns of Winter Park and Fraser to provide a visible deterrent in uniform and in marked cars and to enforce laws and ordinances and protect life and property; monitors commercial and residential areas for signs of criminal activity, patrols for suspicious persons or vehicles.
- Enforces traffic and parking laws through the issuance of citations and warnings; routinely inspects roadways, bridges, and traffic signals and signs to find and report any hazardous conditions.
- Performs business and residential security checks; checks building doors, windows, gates, and fences to ensure building/home is secured.
- Reports buildings, homes, vehicles, or equipment that is not secured; ensures the safety and well-being of all residents/employees on duty; learns employees work patterns and alerts them to possible suspects and crime prevention.
- Responds to calls for assistance, disturbance calls, and complaints of crimes; enforces Federal, State, and local laws by performing warrant, felony, or misdemeanor arrests; implements physical confrontation when necessary; protects the civil rights of persons in custody.
- Investigates traffic accidents by establishing point of impact, interviewing witnesses, and collecting, preserving, and packaging evidence; detects drunk drivers and performs sobriety evaluations; books DUI suspects.
- Secures and protects crime scene by establishing boundaries, detaining victims, suspects, and witnesses, locating and identifying evidence, and briefing supervisors and investigators on their arrival.
- Serves as first-responder to provide aid and assistance to victims of traffic and other accidents, assists fire and emergency medical services in treating and transporting victims.
- Prepares and maintains a wide variety of departmental records and reports in compliance with departmental and legal policies and procedures; prepares and files thorough written case reports.
- Gives advice on laws, ordinances, and general information to the public; renders advice on domestic disturbances, assists citizens in need.
- Maintains assigned uniform, vehicle, and equipment in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Presents evidence and testimony in courts of law; assists in prosecuting felony and misdemeanor cases.
- Assists stranded motorists, directs traffic when necessary; escorts special processions; transports prisoners to jail.
- Participates in departmental training programs.
- Participates in community relation's projects as required.
- Serves and executes criminal and traffic warrants on felony and misdemeanor suspects.
- Performs related work as required.
CIGNA Open Access Plus medical plan (10 percent employee contribution for employee coverage and 25 percent employee contribution for added dependents)
CIGNA dental program (10 percent employee contribution for employee coverage and 25 percent employee contribution for added dependents)
CIGNA vision program
$500 wellness benefit
$50,000 life insurance policy, and optional voluntary life insurance
Short and long-term disability insurance
Flexible spending account
ICMA 401(a) Retirement Plan with 7.65% Town of Winter park match
Voluntary ICMA 457 Retirement Plan with up to 4% Town of Winter Park match
Generous paid time off
144 hours (18 days) paid time off accrued during your first year
8 paid holidays per year
We are proud to be a leading provider of workforce housing in the area and have several workforce housing developments, including home-ownership programs. Housing assistance will be provided to new hires as described in the job ad and on a case-by-case basis depending on availability. For more information, we invite you to contact ++email@example.com++
Health Care Options
Several private practitioners
Winter Park Resort Denver Health's
Middle Park Medical Center Urgent Care
East Grand School District has an elementary school in Fraser, with middle and high schools in the neighboring Granby, Colorado
- Age: Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education: Highschool Graduate or GED
- Experience: Colorado POST Certification or Out of State Certification Preferred. Academy Sponsorships are possibly available following a Interview and satisfactory background investigation.