Plymouth Township Police Department - Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Oct 16, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 10, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$66,569 - Probationary I annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $$96,532 - Probationary II annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $N/A annual
- Top Pay:
- $$124,935 - First Class Patrol annual
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Protects life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Performs routine assignments and patrol. This position involves an element of danger.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Obeys and transmits all legitimate orders, insuring full compliance and uniform interpretation.
· Patrols Township to enforce traffic/parking regulations and to prevent/discover criminal events.
· Responds to request for police assistance.
· At crime scene or accident scene administers first aid, conducts investigation, gathers evidence, obtains witnesses/makes arrests, examines vehicles/roadways, clears wreckage, issues citations.
· May command an assigned shift as OIC.
· Furnishes proper information and/or assistance to anyone requesting or requiring it.
· Operates equipment to measure blood alcohol level, vehicle speed/distance, and secure/process evidence.
· Operates firearms as necessary.
· Attends meetings, training, and educational seminars.
· Inputs and accesses data from computer.
· Performs related work as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
1) Required Education/Experience/Training:
High school diploma or equivalent. Formal, approved training program in police methods and practices.
2) Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Thorough knowledge of First Aid
· Communicate effectively in English.
· Emotional stability.
3) Required Licenses/Certificates/Registrations: PA Drivers License, ACT 120 Certification (First Aid/CPR
annual certification, handgun & shotgun annual qualification).
4) Required Ability To Operate or Use The Following Equipment:
Computer literate: standard software and proprietary police software.
Standard police department equipment: police car, police radio, speed timing devices, handgun and other weapons, approved impact weapon, handcuffs, breath testing equipment, pager, first aid equipment.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time work week; may be called upon to continue investigations on other duty periods.
Thank you for requesting an application for employment with the Plymouth Township Police
Department. Act 120 is NOT NEEDED to apply, if offered employment we will put you through the Police Academy. The following information is to advise you of the requirements of the hiring process.
The Preliminary Application, along with the Application Fee, must be post-marked on or before
November 10, 2020 or hand-delivered to the Plymouth Township Police Department NO LATER THAN 4:00 P.M. on Wednesday, November 11, 2020. APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY OR BY FACSIMILE. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
++Applications available online at www.plymouthtownship.org and in person at the Plymouth Township Police Department.++
The application must be returned to:
Plymouth Township Police Department
700 Belvoir Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
A $20.00 application fee MUST be attached to the application (check or money order
ONLY, NO CASH)
Written Test Date/Time: Saturday, November 21, 2020 –Depending on the response, morning 8 A.M. and afternoon 1 P.M. test times may be necessary. ++PLEASE CHECK TWP. WEBSITE WWW.PLYMOUTHTOWNSHIP.ORG ON THURSDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2020 TO SEE WHAT TIME YOU WILL REPORT FOR TESTING AT THE COLONIAL MIDDLE SCOOL++. APPLICANTS MUST WEAR A MASK.
Colonial Middle School
716 Belvoir Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Applicant must bring at the time of written and oral examinations, two (2) forms of identification; one (1)
form must be picture identification (i.e. PA Motor Vehicle operator license).
The examination for Police Officer-Entry Level will consist of a written and oral examination. They will both be graded on a 100 point scale with the written examination representing fifty (50%) percent and the oral examination representing fifty (50%) percent of the final score.
The fifty (50) highest scoring applicants with a passing grade on the written examination will be eligible to undertake the oral examination. The applicant must score a minimum of seventy (70%) percent to pass the written examination. If you are successful in obtaining a qualifying score on the written exam, you will be given a formal application. The application includes: (i) personal information, family history etc; (ii) physical agility test personal injury waiver; (iii) background verification disclosure, and (iv) Fair Credit Reporting Act disclosures and waivers. You will also be required to submit transcripts from schools attended and a birth certificate. These items must be submitted when you appear at the time you are scheduled for your oral examination. Those applicants who progress to the oral examination may be fingerprinted by the Plymouth Township Police Department prior to taking the oral examination. If required, such fingerprinting is a condition prior to eligibility to undergo the oral examination.
If you successfully pass the written and physical fitness/agility test you will then move on to the oral interviews and later undergo a background investigation. The physical fitness/agility test and background investigation will be scored on a pass/fail basis.
The physical agility test is scheduled for December 12, 2020 at 9:00 A.M. The Oral Examination is tentatively scheduled for January 4th through 8th, 2021 for qualifying applicants. The requirements for the physical agility test are attached to this application.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience: Not required.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires all police officers to receive ACT 120 certification. Anyone hired without the ACT 120 certification will be sent to an approved police academy to be certified. The employee will receive probationary I salary while attending the police academy and the cost of the academy will be paid by this department.