Police Officer 10K Hiring Bonus
Port Arthur Police - Port Arthur, Texas
Apr 6, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$ 55,683.00 -$ 67,492.00 annual
The City of Port Arthur Police Department is a team of professionals dedicated to providing our community exceptional public service that possess a willingness and compassion to work together with the citizens of Port Arthur to maintain a healthy and safe community. Officers have the opportunity to work in Field Operations, Criminal Investigations, Mental Health, Narcotics Unit, Traffic Detail, SWAT Team, Advanced Accident Reconstruction, K9, (SRT) Special Response Team, Honor Guard, (UAV) Unmanned Aerial System program, Community Response Team, Field Training, Polygraph Unit and have career opportunities to promote to supervisory positions. If you are driven by a desire to be part of a solution, possess a willingness to be challenged, are committed to public service and want to be a member of an exceptional team that makes a difference in the everyday life of the citizens of Port Arthur, come join our team as a Police Officer.
Starting salary for Certified Officers: $ 55,683.00 -$ 67,492.00 annually.
++BONUS PAY OPPORTUNITIES++
$10,000.00 Hiring Bonus
Residency Incentive Pay: Up To
* $4,000 down payment to purchase a home in the city
* $300 per month for those who own and reside in the city
* $500 in moving assistance to move into or rent in the city
* $200 per month to rent or lease in the city
* Officers that reside in the city are also eligible for patrol unit take-home car program
++ADDITIONAL PAY OPPORTUNITIES++
* 26 paid days of annual vacation/holidays time
* Lateral entry on salary scale up to the 5-year officer level
* 15 paid sick days annually
* Bachelor’s Degree $200/mo.
* Master’s Degree $300/mo.
* Certificates pay up to $300/mo.
* Field Training Officers $200/mo.
* SWAT Member $100/mo.
* Hostage Negotiations $100/mo.
* Advanced Accident Team $100/mo.
* Bilingual pay $100/mo.
* Clothing Allowance $750 annually
* Tuition reimbursement $1000 annually
* Shift differential, Inclement Weather and Longevity pay
TMRS at a rate of 5% with a match of 2 to 1, 10-year vesting with 20 year retirement option. Optional ICMA retirement participation available. Health Insurance: All full time employees are provided with medical insurance at no cost to the employee. Additional coverage for family members is available.
Recent Academy graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please go to
for a complete description of all the Port Arthur Police Department has to offer YOU.
If you have any questions regarding the hiring process, please email Lieutenant Frank Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Port Arthur is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School
- Experience: None