Lateral Detention Officer
Richardson Police Department - Richardson, Texas
Oct 14, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 30, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $35832 annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $37,608 annual
- Top Pay:
- $58560 annual
The Detention Center operates 24/7/365 and has the capacity to house 56 prisoners. Each year, the Detention Center books in over 5,000 prisoners and houses arrested persons pending their release on bond, transfer to other facilities such as county jails, or appearance in court. The facility provides secure containment along with the capability to serve meals and provide medical assistance as needed.
The Detention Center employs 14 Detention Officers and is overseen by a Captain and three Detention Supervisors. Detention Officers are trained in the following:
• Notary Public • Intoxilyzer Operator • CPR Certification • Defensive Tactics
Applicants with prior detention experience may be eligible for lateral entry within our department. Lateral entry eligibility is based on relevant detention experience prior to the date of employment with the City of Richardson. Lateral applicants may enter the pay scale starting at $37,608 and receive $39,504 after probation.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience: At least two years of detention experience relevant to municipal detention services
- Applicant must have at least two years of detention experience relevant to municipal detention services
- Break in service of no more than 12 months prior to the date of application
- The Chief of Police will review training and experience on a case-by-case basis to determine eligibility for the Lateral Entry Program
- Other basic requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Texas Driver license (Class C or above)
- Two years recent work experience
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation
- Ability to communicate effectively in English