Deputy Sheriff (Entry-Level)
San Francisco Sheriff's Office - San Francisco, California
Jan 10, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $130,936 annual
As a San Francisco Deputy Sheriff, you’ll join a diverse workforce that helps protect public safety and enforce the law. Duties include:
- Supervising people in San Francisco County Jails
- Managing justice-involved people in alternatives to incarceration
- Providing law enforcement services at high-profile public location
This position requires shift work, weekend/holiday work and overtime.
San Francisco offers desirable benefits and competitive salary!
Appointment to class 8302 Deputy Sheriff (Entry-Level) is for the period required to complete the POST Basic entry-level Academy. All appointees must satisfactorily complete a California Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Basic Academy and a Sheriff’s Office entry-level training program within the time prescribed by the Sheriff’s Office. Failure to successfully complete these requirements or failure to perform satisfactorily on the job will be cause for release from appointment.
Appointees who have successfully completed a POST Basic Academy in class 8302 Deputy Sheriff (Entry-Level) will advance to Class 8504 Deputy Sheriff (Academy Trained). A probationary period of 2,080 scheduled hours [WKP] worked, including legal holiday pay [LHP] will be required upon advancement to Class 8504.
Apply for this position today at: https://bit.ly/sfso\_8302
Apply for this position today at: https://bit.ly/sfso_8302
- Age: Must be 21 years old at the time of appointment.
- Education: Applicant must possess a U.S. high school diploma or have passed an equivalency test (GED or California High School Proficiency Examination), or possess a two-year or four-year degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: One (1) year of any verifiable and satisfactory work experience, or one (1) complete year of any verifiable course work from an accredited U.S. college or university (30 semester hours/45 quarter units), or an equivalent combination.
- CITIZENSHIP: Applicant must be a United States citizen at the time of appointment.
- JUDICIAL RECORD: Applicant must NOT have been:
- Convicted of a felony;
- Convicted of any misdemeanor that carries a penalty of prohibiting ownership, possession or control of a firearm;
- Convicted of an offense involving domestic violence; or
- Restricted from employment with the City & County of San Francisco.
- DRIVER LICENSE: Applicant must possess and maintain a valid driver license at the time of appointment.
SFSO Recruitment Unit