DEPUTY/ POLICE **LATERAL-(up to $102,700) and $15,000 SIGNING BONUS
Sworn US Law Enforcement
King County Sheriff's Office - Seattle, Washington
May 9, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 1, 2025
- Entry Level:
- $$73,400 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $Not required annual
- Lateral Transfer:
- $up to $102,700 annual
- Top Pay:
- $$102,700 annual
++DEPUTY/ POLICE **LATERAL - (up to $102,700) and $15,000 SIGNING BONUS++
Expedited hiring process for lateral candidates.
If your state hours show to be equivalent to Washington state requirements, y++ou will qualify for our two week equivalent academy and Expedited field training for qualified lateral candidates++.
Out of state lateral hires may be eligible for reimbursement of qualifying moving expenses up to $5,000
The King County Sheriff's Office-(KCSO) have 12 contract cities. This means KCSO conducts the day-to-day police services for these cities. These cities provide an environment for smaller agency style policing, as KCSO provides for larger agency styles policing in the unincorporated areas.
++EXAMPLE:++ Though the car and uniform in these cities says "POLICE", they are actually King County Sheriff's deputies.
* Years of law enforcement experience count toward eligibility for most specialty units for lateral hires
* Retire with state retirement as early as 53 years old.
* Out of county take home vehicle. ++Lateral receive take home car immediately upon hire.++
- Potential annual savings in time, gas, insurance, maintenance, convenience, etc. of between $3000-$5000
* Paid medical and dental
* Firefighting Unit (AARF) -dual certified deputies, serve as state certified LEO's and firefighter at the regional airport in King County.
* Marine/ Dive Unit -Over 12 boats that navigate the local waters.
* Air Support Unit- Four helicopter pilots and over four helicopters.
* TAC 30 Unit -SWAT
* Digital Forensics Unit
* Longevity premiums
* Educational Incentive
- Age: 20.5 upon entry into the state academy CJTC.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: at least to years for Lateral. Less than two years will be considered Entry-Level