Smithville Police Department - Smithville, Missouri
Nov 18, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $41,308 annual
· Must be able to render credible testimony in a court of law.
· Officers shall be thoroughly familiar with the City and shall know the regulations, which apply thereto.
· Performs preventive patrol and actively enforces laws, statutes and ordinances.
· Identifies potential and actual police hazards and determines an appropriate response or enforcement activity.
· Provides emergency assistance to injured. Protects accident and/or crime scene to ensure evidence control.
· Directs and controls traffic to ensure safe and efficient movement of vehicles and pedestrians.
· Conducts traffic enforcement activities to reduce accidents and discourage unlawful driving behavior.
· Conducts preliminary investigations of suspects and/or criminal activities/persons.
· The position regularly requires the handling of confidential or sensitive information and also requires periods of physical effort and constant periods of mental effort.
· Responds to routine, urgent and emergency calls for service.
· This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by Police Officers.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· The ability to carry out orders and directives of the Department.
· Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the general public; with other Department employees on a constant basis; and with other City employees on an occasional basis.
· The ability to think and act quickly in medical, fire and other emergency situations.
· Considerable knowledge in patrol techniques and a working knowledge of related police functions.
· Ability to convey, identify and properly employ ideas clearly and concisely with verbal, non-verbal and written communications skills, using the English language.
· Ability to effectively perform required duties for extended periods while exposed to the elements; hazardous situations; with limited privacy, and without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of self or others.
· Ability to safely and effectively operate assigned equipment and vehicles.
· Ability to patrol, respond, assess, repress and prevent criminal activities, investigate offenses, apprehend offenders and furnish and determine appropriate day-to-day enforcement.
· Ability to safely, effectively and appropriately use lethal and nonlethal weapons.
· A working knowledge of the court system, and the ability to testify effectively in a court of law.
· Ability to deal tactfully, effectively and equitably with the public.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School diploma, or equivalent
- Experience: Not needed
Missouri POST certified preferred.