Sunset Valley - Certified Police Officer
Sunset Valley Police Department - Sunset Valley, Texas
Apr 15, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jun 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Refer to PoliceApp.com annual
SUNSET VALLEY POLICE DEPARtMENT
CERTIFIED TCOLE POLICE OFFICERS
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Basic TCOLE Certification.
Ability to maintain physical endurance and agility standards.
Ability to perform a variety of physically demanding maneuvers and activities while involved in law enforcement and rescue operations, including running, walking, stooping, bending, rolling, crawling, climbing, jumping, lifting, carrying, dragging, and safely operating assigned equipment and vehicles.
Ability to work under a variety of unfavorable conditions including exposure to gunfire, harsh weather, poor or no lighting, exposure to hazardous chemicals and smoke, extremes in temperatures, all types of weather conditions, electrical hazards, armed and dangerous persons, communicable diseases, etc.
POLICE OFFICER SELECTION PROCESS
Personal History Statement
Written Examination Administered
Physical Fitness Test
Chief's Panel Interview
Drug Screen and Medical Exam*
Candidate selected OR application held for 6 months for future consideration
*Candidate must be successful in each phase of the selection process.
* Candidate may be eliminated or disqualified at any point in the process for failure to meet the criteria set forth by the Police Department.
*A conditional offer of employment will have been made before the drug screen, medical exam and psychological exam are administered.
The expected duration of the application process is 30- 45 days. Those successfully completing the selection process will be placed on an eligibility list for 6 months. After 6 months, the applicant must reapply. Applicants who fail to successfully complete any portion of the selection process shall be notified in writing.
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT
The vision of the Sunset Valley Police Department is to set the standard on what community policing can be. It is our mission to provide the most remarkable law enforcement services "under the sun" to the residents and visitors of Sunset Valley. We are a different type of law enforcement agency. If you enjoy the freedom of getting out of your squad car and meeting the people that you serve, then SVPD is the place for you. If you desire to do more than just take calls then SVPD is right for you.
The Department has a lot more to offer as well:
- Brand new state-of-the-art police station
- Fully equipped fitness center, locker room, and showers
- On duty workout time (when staffing allows)
- All equipment provided
- 10-hour shifts with rotating weekends off
- Ample opportunities for overtime and off duty employment
- Modern personal appearance policy allows visible tattoos, and facial hair
- Located just south of the heart of downtown Austin
- Starting pay 47K – 60K based on experience
Please direct questions regarding this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will ONLY be accepted through PoliceApp: https://bit.ly/3sqbz4B
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma /GED
- Experience: Basic TCOLE Certification