Sworn US Law Enforcement
City of Surprise Police Department - Surprise, Arizona
Jul 7, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 30, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $27.60 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $38.36 hourly
Candidates who do not successfully pass the initial testing phase must wait six (6) months before re-applying for this position.
Only Certified Police Officer applicants will be considered for the position of Police Officer.
Out of state Certified Police Officer applicants are subject to the same testing requirements as Police Officer Recruits and will attend a twenty (20) week basic training academy if selected for hire.
++Physical Fitness, Written and CritiCall Testing is scheduled for :++ • July 25, September 26, December 19, 2020, February 21, 2021, May 18, 2021, July 17, 2021 • All out of state Police Officer applicants must attend to be considered for this recruitment. All qualified applicants will be notified of the testing time and location via email once you're application has been screened for minimum qualifications.
SUMMARY Performs law enforcement, crime prevention work; patrols an assigned area for the prevention of crime, the maintenance of law and order; performs investigative work including special assignments. Also performs a variety of technical law enforcement tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Offensive and defensive weapons nomenclature and theory
- Self-defense tactics
- Interview and interrogation techniques
- Community policing methods and techniques
- Constitutional law, Arizona State criminal and traffic laws
- Using computers and related software applications
- Using modern office equipment
- Apply police methods and procedures, including patrol, crime prevention, traffic control, investigation and identification techniques equipment, police records and reports and first aid techniques
- Comprehend criminal law and procedure with particular reference to the apprehension, arrest and custody of persons committing misdemeanors, felonies, including rules of evidence pertaining to the search and seizure and the preservation of evidence in traffic and criminal cases
- Observe accurately and remember faces, number, incidents and places
- Use and care for firearms
- Think and act quickly in emergencies, judge situations and people accurate
- Render credible testimony in a court of law
- Understand and interpret laws and regulations
- Prepare accurate grammatically correct written reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written
- Use standard broadcasting procedures of a police radio system
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions in an independent manner
- Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform the assigned duties
- Act quickly under pressure and make appropriate judgment
- Keep privileged information confidential
- Work effectively under stress
- Maintain moral standards and integrity
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Enter data into a computer
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Age: 20
- Education: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED required;
- Experience: CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Arizona driver license. Must be a Certified Police Officer at the time of application.