Texas A&M University Police - , Texas
Jan 13, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Feb 13, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$25.47 hourly
The Texas A&M University Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Cadet
To apply, please copy and paste the following link:
This posting will remain open through Saturday, February 13, 2021.
Salary: $25.47 per hour.
College Station, Texas
++Our Commitment ++
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
++Who we are++
Thank you for your interest in the Texas A&M University Police Department (UPD). We strive to educate and train our personnel to develop well-rounded individuals to represent the department professionally while providing the highest quality service to the community we serve. The Bryan, College Station, and Texas A&M University community is a great place to live and work. We offer a meaningful and rewarding career to all of our employees while providing education and wellness incentives, along with a generous retirement and benefits package. UPD has 161 authorized positions including 78 state certified Police Officers, 53 Security Officers, 13 Communications Officers, 12 administrative support personnel, and 5 Records Technicians. The department maintains a fully staffed investigations division, a crime prevention unit, a recruiting unit, a training division, a victim advocate, and an Emergency Communications Center.
Please visit us at https://upd.tamu.edu
++What we want++
The Police Cadet, under supervision, attends a basic police training program conducted by the Texas Engineering Extension Service Law Enforcement Training Division and includes one week of departmental orientation. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
· Attends a basic police training program and a Texas A&M University Police Department orientation course, which requires operating a university vehicle
· Participates in intensive classroom instruction programs and practical exercises
· Performs other duties as assigned
++What you need to know++
The starting hourly rate of $25.47 per hour. The elements of the selection process are online application, Personal History Statement, initial interview, written exam, records check, background investigation, polygraph exam, oral interview, Chief’s panel, medical exam, drug screen, psychological exam, fingerprint check, and final selection. The expected duration of the selection process is 90-120 days. Applicants that are not selected for hire may re-apply for the next available posted position. The last day to apply for this position is Saturday, February 13, 2021, providing the applicant pool is sufficient.
COVID-19 information:__ Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes to align with local, state, and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
Reminder to Applicants:
The elements of the selection process are online application, Personal History Statement, initial interview, written exam, records check, background investigation, polygraph exam, oral interview, Chief’s panel, medical exam, drug screen, psychological exam, fingerprint check, and final selection. The expected duration of the selection process is 90-120 days. Applicants that are not selected for hire may re-apply for the next available posted position. The last day to apply for this position is Saturday, February 13, 2021, providing the applicant pool is sufficient. Applicants will be emailed further instructions and a Personal History Statement to complete before testing. Upon completion of the Personal History Statement, applicants will be provided the times and dates that the written exam will be administered. Testing will be conducted at the University Police Department, 1111 Research Parkway, College Station, Tx. If you have any questions or need to discuss an alternative testing date, please contact Lieutenant Allan Baron, email@example.com, or Hiring and Recruiting Officer Josh Deleon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions to Applicants: __Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
- Age: 21 and older
- Education: Minimum of 45 college credit hours
- Experience: Two Year Prior Work Experience
Required Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED. 45 college credit hours from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Each year of continuous experience as a commissioned law enforcement officer in the state of Texas and/or each year of active duty in a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces may be substituted for ten (10) college credit hours. A maximum of 30 college credit hours may be substituted. A minimum of 15 college credit hours from an accredited college or university is required.)
· Two years of full-time employment experience or military service
· Upon employment, the applicant must complete the basic police academy and pass the required State of Texas police licensing exam
· Applicant must pass an entrance exam to be considered for employment
· Must have a State of Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all segments of the campus population
· Ability to function under adverse and stressful conditions
· Requires ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
· Applicant must pass an entrance exam to be considered for employment
· Must be in excellent physical health and stamina
· Applicant must successfully pass a psychological evaluation, physical examination, and complete background investigation to include but not limited to driving history, criminal background, and credit history
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Previous experience in a college or university environment and experience dealing with the public