Police Officer - $25,000 Lateral Incentive and $10,000 Entry Level Incentive
Vancouver Police Department - WA - Vancouver, Washington
Aug 31, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 14, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $75,612.00 -$101,328.00 annual
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Salary and Benefits
$75,612.00 -$101,328.00 per year
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Education incentive of 2.5% for 2-year degree, 5% for 4-year degree
- Holiday premium paid at 2.4% monthly
- Life insurance, FSA, deferred compensation, 529 College Savings Plan
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- LEOFF II pension
- State offered 12 weeks paid bonding leave to each parent
- $25,000 incentive to Lateral Police Officers
- $10,000 incentive to Entry Level Officers
Best schedule in policing! Work an average of 15 days per month.
Rotation: Work 5/off 4, work 5/off 4, work 5/off 5
10 ½ hour shifts
- Authorized staffing is 234 sworn Officers and 63 civilian support staff.
- Specialty Units: Traffic, Neighborhood Police Officers, K-9, Homeless Outreach
- Collateral Duty Assignments: SWAT, Honor Guard, Arson Investigation, Patrol-based Sexual Assault Investigators, Drug Recognition Expert
- Investigations Units: Major Crimes, Street Crimes, Narcotics, Gangs, Child Abuse, Digital Evidence Cybercrimes Unit, Domestic Violence, Property Crimes, Special Investigations, Elder Abuse,
Police Officer is a full time, regular, non-exempt union position. This position is covered under the provisions of an agreement between the City and the Vancouver Police Officers Guild.
The City of Vancouver
The City of Vancouver is a growing community that sits on the north bank of the Columbia River directly across from Portland, Oregon. The population of Vancouver is approximately 190,000 residents and encompasses just over 51 square miles. Vancouver, the fourth largest city in Washington, combines the excitement of a major metropolitan area with the appeal of a mid-sized community and abundant recreational opportunities. Downtown Portland, Oregon is a 15-minute drive. The Pacific Coast is less than 90 miles to the west; the Columbia River Gorge scenic area, as well as the Cascade Mountain Range, are just to the east; Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument and Mount Hood (climbing and skiing) are both less than two hours away.
- Age: 21 years of age
- Education: High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Experience: Completed a state certified law enforcement academy
Sergeant Tanya Wollstein