Woodmere - Part-time Police Officer
Woodmere Police Department - Woodmere, Ohio
Mar 5, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $N.A. annual
WOODMERE POLICE DEPARTMENT
PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
- United States Citizen
- Minimum 21 Years Old
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
JOB DESCRIPTION/GENERAL DUTIES:
The position of a Police Officer is under general supervision of the Administrative Lieutenant and the direct supervision of a Sergeant. The individual assuming this position will be responsible for providing a highly visible, professional police presence while conducting patrol activities in the Village of Woodmere. The officer will answer calls when and where a crime is suspected or an emergency exists. Officer(s) will take such action(s) necessary to prevent crime and or to apprehend a criminal. Officer(s) will help to maintain safety and to assist citizens in a wide range of emergency and non-emergency situations. The officer(s) will take proper enforcement action as required to maintain order, safety and general welfare for the Village of Woodmere utilizing the United States Constitution, Ohio Revised Code and Village Codified Ordinances.
If your application appears to be in order and you appear to be a good candidate, your application shall be passed onto Phase I interview panel that is usually comprised of a Corporal and two (2) patrolmen who also serve as field training officers (FTO). These Phase I interviewee’s will also thoroughly read through your application to ensure that you are a good candidate.
The following listed below is our current hiring process.
- Phase I interview panel as listed above. If passed, you will be contacted for a Phase II interview.
- Phase II interview panel usually will consist of one (1) Lieutenant and two (2) Sergeants. If passed, you will be contacted for a Phase III interview.
- Phase III will consist of a one on one interview with the Chief of Police.
- A background check will be conducted. Please answer all questions concisely and accurately when filling out your application.
- If you pass your background, you will asked to administer to a drug screening and psychological examination.
- Once the results of your drug screening and psychological examinations are complete, you will have a meeting with our Honorable Mayor. The Mayor also holds the title of Director of Safety.
- After meeting with the Mayor you will be asked to attend a Woodmere Village Council Meeting to be introduced.
- Swearing in by the Mayor will follow at a determined date and time.
- Field Training begins on your first day and consists of three (3) months.
- If you are able to pass our Field Training program, your one (1) year probationary term begins.
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Apply through PoliceApp: http://bit.ly/2Onadto
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma /GED
- Experience: Entry Level